Who wins tonight.....Habs or Bruins?

powerMarkymark

Platinum Member
Jan 29, 2002
I'm a diehard Canadiens fan.

Guess I would have to be, being from Montreal.

Go Habs Go..........Go Habs Go............Go Habs Go.

lllJRlll

Mar 12, 2002
Of course I think the Bruins but it all depends seeing as we have Dafoe in net and he has played badly this series.

And it would help if the Bruins can get at least 1 penalty called against the Habs unlike last game

I have to admint the Habs have not given up in any game this series even when down 3-4 goals and are alot better than I thought

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
Hard to say. It is in Montreal, but I think that the Bruins will win it.

What about the Kings/Avs? Ohhh, I want the Avs to lose so badly. :D

Michael

Elite member
Nov 19, 1999
Go! Habs! Go!

Michael

(living in SF, CA area but born and raised in Montreal)

BCYL

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
I am hoping the Habs would win... but I think Bruins will win tonight and take it to game 7... the Bruins wont go away so easily...

As for Avs/Kings, GO AVS!

mk

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2000
Canadiens. (although it won't be easy if Dafoe doesn't suck tonight)

<---- for some reason has always had a soft spot for the Habs

areohbe

Banned
Oct 14, 2001
i know nothing about hockey, so i'm wondering...

how does "Habs" stand for "Canadiens"?

mk

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2000

<< how does "Habs" stand for "Canadiens"? >>

Here's the story copied from gohabs.com.

<< The most often asked question about the Montreal Canadiens is what does the nickname " Habs " mean.

Legend wants it that the "H" on the Canadiens logo stands for "Habs" instead of Club de Hockey Canadien. The fable began in 1924 when US reporter Tex Rickard was falsely informed by someone that the "H" stood for "habitant", a french word that in those days was used to refer the farmers of Quebec.

Rickard was told that the french players on the team came from farms and were therefore, "habitants". At the time, the Canadiens were viewed upon as the french team of Montreal, whereas the Montreal Maroons were the English team.
>>

BCYL

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Man the Bruins are outshooting the Habs badly... 16-7 now...

But still tied 1-1, in the 2nd period...

powerMarkymark

Platinum Member
Jan 29, 2002
The Habs are really holding their own........maybe Brisebois can switch sides....he would be more effective for the Canadiens, me thinks.

LuDaCriS66

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
Congrats to the Habs :) You guys have one hell of a goalie in Theodore..
Gonna love it if the Leafs win... 3 Canadian teams into the second round in the Eastern Conference!

Michael

Elite member
Nov 19, 1999
This year I got to watch Canada win the gold in hockey. With goaltending like they're getting, the Habs could go all the way.

Michael

ps - I hope this is a start to the Bruins becoming an automatic bye like they were when I was growing up.

Capn

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
Montreal better put up Monuments for Theodore and the goal post, unbelievable.

I wasn't impressed with Montreal at all, and they win 4-2, shows what a hot goalie can do. Good luck in the rest of the playoffs.

RedRooster

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000

<< Montreal better put up Monuments for Theodore and the goal post, unbelievable.

I wasn't impressed with Montreal at all, and they win 4-2, shows what a hot goalie can do. Good luck in the rest of the playoffs.
>>

Hot goalie?? He's been like that all year, that's what got them into the playoffs.
What does the Hart, Vezina, and playoff MVP trophies have in common? Guess... :D

Capn

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000

<< ?? He's been like that all year, that's what got them into the playoffs. >>

Well he definately wasn't hot in the first four games, so yeah, hot goalie is pretty accurate.

Dafoe made some nice saves in game 6 as well, too bad he couldn't have gotten it together sooner.

lllJRlll

Mar 12, 2002
It's pretty obvious the refs (or the NHL) the way the 2 games after McLaren's elbow

In the first 4 games the Bruins had 19 power plays and the Habs 21

The last 2 games the Bruins had 1 powerplay to the Habs 6

The Habs were getting away with murder in front of their own net yet they always seemed to get the calls when a Bruin coughed on them.

Maybe with the Zednik injury and Koivu coming back from cancer they felt it would be a better story if the Habs advanced and not the "goon" Bruins.

That last line is just angry fan talk so don't mind me

Spicedaddy

Platinum Member
Apr 18, 2002
BWAHAHAHAHAHHAAH!!!!!!!!!!!! SUCK IT BRUINS, TIME TO GET OUT THE GOLF EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

This series wasn't only Theo... He didn't play well the first 4 games, but I agree he almost won the last 2 by himself.

<< It's pretty obvious the refs (or the NHL) the way the 2 games after McLaren's elbow

In the first 4 games the Bruins had 19 power plays and the Habs 21

The last 2 games the Bruins had 1 powerplay to the Habs 6

The Habs were getting away with murder in front of their own net yet they always seemed to get the calls when a Bruin coughed on them.

Maybe with the Zednik injury and Koivu coming back from cancer they felt it would be a better story if the Habs advanced and not the "goon" Bruins.
>>

Quit crying you sore loser!! The Canadiens have been extremely disciplined in the last 2 games. And talking about bad calls, how about Brisebois's penalty last night in the 3rd? Tripping when he had his stick in front of himself, and the guy skated behind him and never touched him... And by the way, 2 games to Mclaren for the clothesline is a damn joke... Since you're such a whiner, I'll have to rub it in your face again:

WOOHOO!!!!! CANADIENS OWNED YOU!!!!!!!!! NO MORE PLAYOFFS FOR YOU BIG BAD BRUINS!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Next up: Carolina

GO HABS GO!!!!