Who will be the Democratic nominee for President at the 2024 General Election?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Whilst there is some contention in this thread on whether Biden should run again due to health issues...

There is no contention since Biden has no health issues that would preclude him from running.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
While I do feel like Biden is just too old to be fully effective as POTUS at this point, I don't believe Buttieg or Newsome will run in 2024 and aside from those two I don't believe the Dem's have an "electable" candidate. (at the moment)

I'm also not a big fan of Harris myself and would not vote for her for the number-one seat. (unless GOP was the only other choice) HOWEVER this is 100% due to some of her past actions in CA as AG plus her relative inexperience on the world-stage not gender or race.

Reactions: Brovane

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
While I do feel like Biden is just too old to be fully effective as POTUS at this point, I don't believe Buttieg or Newsome will run in 2024 and aside from those two I don't believe the Dem's have an "electable" candidate. (at the moment)

I'm also not a big fan of Harris myself and would not vote for her for the number-one seat. (unless GOP was the only other choice) HOWEVER this is 100% due to some of her past actions in CA as AG plus her relative inexperience on the world-stage not gender or race.
WTF is fully effective? And what does that mean? He's effective, look at his record. Does he make mistakes? Who doesn't? His job is more managerial than anything. He knows who to listen to, which is priority number one for the person where the buck stops.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I'm not getting into a debate over details but Joe, fond as I am of him he isn't getting any younger and the majority of American men @ his age are pushing up daisies.

If he died in his sleep (God-forbid) tomorrow the death-certificate would read: "natural causes".

I'm sure I'll hear all about how "wrong" and racist I am for my opinion next but Harris wouldn't be my first choice to run the show either.

Last edited:

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I'm not getting into a debate over details but Joe, fond as I am of him isn't getting any younger and the majority of American men @ his age are pushing up daisies.

If he died in his sleep (God-forbid) tomorrow the death-certificate would read: "natural causes".

I'm sure I'll hear all about how "wrong" and racist I am for my opinion next but Harris wouldn't be my first choice to run the show either.
Nothing racist about calling her a garbage politician. VPs are typically garbage politicians. She's always been an authoritarian.

Reactions: Captante

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999

Well could also be murder. With as well protected he is, can’t imagine the murder attempts that happen.

Getting slightly off topic, can’t believe the Russian propaganda news actually said they should have attempted to bomb London on Monday with all the world leaders gathered together.

Back on topic, who cares what Harris does. The number 1 qualification she will always have, she’s not Repugican!!!

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Getting slightly off topic, can’t believe the Russian propaganda news actually said they should have attempted to bomb London on Monday with all the world leaders gathered together.

Holy crap.... I managed to miss that little gem! :oops:

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Well could also be murder. With as well protected he is, can’t imagine the murder attempts that happen.

Back on topic, who cares what Harris does. The number 1 qualification she will always have, she’s not Repugican!!!
Exactly, I'd vote for hot garbage over the VX gas that is the GOP.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
WTF is fully effective? And what does that mean? He's effective, look at his record. Does he make mistakes? Who doesn't? His job is more managerial than anything. He knows who to listen to, which is priority number one for the person where the buck stops.

Or maybe more to the point, he actually does listen to the people who know, as opposed to Trump who thinks he is all knowing and everyone else is stupid.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Or maybe more to the point, he actually does listen to the people who know, as opposed to Trump who thinks he is all knowing and everyone else is stupid.

Compared to the Dumpster Biden is the greatest leader to ever walk the face of the earth.