Who will be Iraq's new Presedent?

43st

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
Some very nice Arab men. We'll train them in the ways of democracy and let them loose to rule justly over there subjects.

We've only been doing it for the past 30 years so I'm sure you can guess the outcome.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Al Gore?

;)

Who knows? There will be some months of an interim government comprised mostly of exiles but, hopefully, including many key Iraqi Shiite/Kurd leaders. And maybe even some Baath party members who were only supporting Saddam out of fear of death.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Mrpilot007
Anyone know if there are any runner ups? This will be a long process I assume.

Do a google on Ahmed Chalbi. Just to make it interesting add 'fraud' to one of your searches.

Do a google on Jay Garner. Just to make that interesting add 'JINSA' to your search.

These guys are supposed to be key in the new goverment especially Lt. Gen. Garner.

Draw you own conclusions.

justint

Banned
Dec 6, 1999
Originally posted by: DaveSohmer

Do a google on Ahmed Chalbi. Just to make it interesting add 'fraud' to one of your searches.

Do a google on Jay Garner. Just to make that interesting add 'JINSA' to your search.

These guys are supposed to be key in the new goverment especially Lt. Gen. Garner.

I hope they have a better plan than putting these two in charge. The country will be in revolt in a month with them in charge.

Marshallj

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2003

Someone that the Iraqi people like and agrees with the US's stance.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: justint
Originally posted by: DaveSohmer

I hope they have a better plan than putting these two in charge. The country will be in revolt in a month with them in charge.

It's too bad about Garner. The Kurds like him, he did good work in Bosnia, he's experienced, probably a good man. His ties, whether actual or perceived, with Sharon and Israel might and probably will nullify all of that. We'll see.

dnoyeb

Nov 7, 2001
I'm sure it wont be anyone from the Iraqi opposition. I am sure it wont be a Kurd. Thats all I can say.

Probably some western educated Iraqi. But it wont be long, say 15 years, before Iraqi has to consider what it wants to do about the same things that drove Saddam to take the actions he took (that are persistent).

MrMajestyk

Apr 8, 2003
A cartoon in the London Times went along these lines:-

G. Bush talking to Jeb:-

GB: "Hey Jeb, wanna be the next president of Iraq ?

JB: "Well.....er............

GB: "Hell, it's the same as Texas, they got oil and the death penalty"

:)