Who was the best batman?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
my second post on this, all 4 had potential. all four could have been decent. as far as just the LOOK, probably Clooney, as far as the moves, Kilmer. the most surprising of the bunch was without question Keaton, very few people expected him to be anywhere near as good as he was. Bale was good, but i still wasn't sold on him as either batman or wayne. his face doesn't look as good in the mask as the other three.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Proletariat
Originally posted by: BigJ
Originally posted by: gregshin
i think you young kids are caught up on the hype, the martial arts scenes, and computer graphics chose bale.

I think you old geezers are caught up on the nostalgia, cast of famous actors, and cheezy humor, so you chose Keaton.

See, two can play that game.
Yep. I don't see how anyone can deny that this was the deepest, darkest and most socially relevant Batman.

Batman is SUPPOSED to be the Dark Knight. And this is the only movie which really portrays that fact well.

i thought the discussion was WHICH ACTOR PORTRAYED the best batman, not which was the best film.

Proletariat

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2004
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold
Originally posted by: Proletariat
Originally posted by: gregshin
i think you young kids are caught up on the hype, the martial arts scenes, and computer graphics chose bale.

I think you old geezers are caught up on the nostalgia, cast of famous actors, and cheezy humor, so you chose Keaton.

See, two can play that game.
Yep. I don't see how anyone can deny that this was the deepest, darkest and most socially relevant Batman.

Batman is SUPPOSED to be the Dark Knight. And this is the only movie which really portrays that fact well.

i thought the discussion was WHICH ACTOR PORTRAYED the best batman, not which was the best film.
Well in a film that pretty much concentrates on one character, the actor is 60% of the battle.

UpgradeFailure

Golden Member
Feb 29, 2004
Originally posted by: brigden
Originally posted by: UpgradeFailure
I think Bale did the best job as batman....but Keaton did the best job as Bruce Wayne.

Bale just didn't seem to pull off the "Wayne" aspect of the role well for me.

Totally and completely wrong.

Batman is the man, Wayne is the mask. Bale hit the nail on the head.

I didn't say it wasn't like that.

I just think Bale did a crappy job as Wayne.

Proletariat

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2004
Originally posted by: brigden
I think Bale did the best job as batman....but Keaton did the best job as Bruce Wayne.

Bale just didn't seem to pull off the "Wayne" aspect of the role well for me.

Totally and completely wrong.

Batman is the man, Wayne is the mask. Bale hit the nail on the head.

I didn't say it wasn't like that.

I just think Bale did a crappy job as Wayne.
I think he played the troubled, nonchalant playboy quite well.

Maverick

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
I like Bale...but his "Batman voice" just sounds way too harsh and guttural. Sounds really forced. He's the only batman that probably needed to drink a glass of milk everytime he speaks.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: HumblePie
<<<------ I'm batman.. all those guys are posers.

I knew it! I was waiting for somebody to do this. I just didn't want it to be me.

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
Originally posted by: Maverick
I like Bale...but his "Batman voice" just sounds way too harsh and guttural. Sounds really forced. He's the only batman that probably needed to drink a glass of milk everytime he speaks.

Keep in mind that he's playing Batman when Bruce Wayne had only been Batman for a few months, so it would probably be very rough anyway. I think that being a little uncomfortable as Batman would just be part of the character at this point in the story.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: HumblePie
<<<------ I'm batman.. all those guys are posers.

I knew it! I was waiting for somebody to do this. I just didn't want it to be me.

Yah.. but I get no respect. I show up to bust some bad guys heads and they laugh, throw candy at me and ask if I bob for apples. WTF?

Cheesetogo

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2005
..........A.................DDDDD..............A...........MM............MM
.......A...A...............D.........D.........A...A.........M.. M......M..M
.....A...A..A.............D.........D.......A...A..A.......M....M M......M
....A.........A............DDDDD.........A.........A..... M.....M.........M

WEST!

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
I haven't seen Batman Begins yet.

Batman - Michael Keaton
Bruce Wayne - Val Kilmer

RedCOMET

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2002
I enjoyed bale in batman begins, but the fight scenes seem kinda hurried and poorly done. The fighting itself was awesome, just that the cinamatagraphy didn't convey that awesomeness very well.

gregshin

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2000
This is gregshin's gf and first off - Bale was the best. And this is coming from someone who has SEEN ALL of the Batman movies. (As opposed to the person who created this poll- who hasn't even seen the new Batman and is talking all this trash.)

Das ROIGHT!

:p

I'm sorry honey, but previews do not count.