Who to Cast as the Next Albus Dumbledore for Harry Potter Movies?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: glen
How is Dumbledore nothing like Gandalf?
Both are wizards, tall hat, robes, long white beard, humble yet the most powerful wizard in the land.

One destroys Balrogs, protects Hobbits, and secures the santicity of Middle-Earth by defending against Sauron.
The other plays babysitter to a bunch of snot-nosed brats who are only there through the virute of Mommy and Daddy's pocketbooks.

Ian McKellen should never, ever, ever be reduced to that level.
NEVER.

(And spell his name right, or he'll smite you down. :D)

- M4H

BD231

Lifer
Feb 26, 2001
How about we burn everything that has ANYTHING to do with Harry Potter then never speak of it again?

Mutilator

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2000
Darryl Hammond as Sean Connery as Albus Dumbledore. ;)

"I'll take Harry Pothead for 200 Trebek."

habib89

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2001
i keep telling my friends.. gandalf CANNOT be dumbledore.. it just isn't right...

i think patrick stewart would be great..

also from what i've heard, they might just use richard harris' double.. supposedly he sounds and looks exactly like harris...

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
Originally posted by: habib89
i keep telling my friends.. gandalf CANNOT be dumbledore.. it just isn't right...

i think patrick stewart would be great..

also from what i've heard, they might just use richard harris' double.. supposedly he sounds and looks exactly like harris...
You did not read the thread.
I think they call it the "Skorb" effect.

Pigasus

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 1999
I would like to see Ben Stein as Dumbledore. Seriously. I think he would be wonderful in the role.

StevenYoo

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2001
The late, great Walter Matthau. Or just get Kevin Spacey to do his Walter Matthau

"theshe tracksh are shingle file. shand people walk shide by shide"

Or Kevin Spacey as Christopher Walken!

Or how about just Christopher Walken? He's good in ANYTHING

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: GuybrushThreepwood

Or how about just Christopher Walken? He's good in ANYTHING

You know Harry, your father gave me this broom to hold for you. For twenty long years, I kept that uncomfortable stick up my ass. :D