Who to Cast as the Next Albus Dumbledore for Harry Potter Movies?

pcmodem

Golden Member
Feb 6, 2001
Good morning,
First of all, Richard Harris was marvelous. May his spirit rest in peace and his family find solace.

That much said, who are you nominations for the next actor to play Albus Dumbledore?

My nominations...

1. Sean Connery
2. Ian McKellan
3. Christopher Lee

That's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are other good actors out there that would be excellent choices.
-PCM

SaltBoy

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
George Lucas.

Harris as Dumbledore just reminded me of George Lucas, for some reason.

/edit IAN McKELLAN? Gandalf is NOT Dumbledore, folks. Sorry. If you want a serious submission from me, I'll go with Patrick Stewart. If given the chance, I think he'd make a terrific Dumbledore.

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Considering LOTR, I think it would be a bad idea for him to be the old wizard in another series of movies at the same time.

SaltBoy

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Storm
I like Christopher Lee better than Ian for Dumbledore

I gave you the chance of coming to Hogwarts willingly, but you have elected the way of pain!

Eh... no. He's a little bit too freaky! LOL :)

pcmodem

Golden Member
Feb 6, 2001
Howdy,
I heartily agree on both Alec Guiness and Patrick Stewart, but Alec has passed away.

Here are the current nominees once again, in alphabetical order:

Sean Connery
Christopher Lee
Ian McKellan
Patrick Stewart

Cheers,
PCM

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
patrick stewart

though he might be too scary with hair

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
Would it be possible to replace the Albus Dumbledor character? Perhaps have him away "on business" or something for the next movie? I haven't read the books or seen any of the movies, so I don't know how practicle that would be.

BD2003

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
If they get rid of dumbledore, they might as well get rid of harry potter. No can do.

It should be a relative unknown, not anyone who's played a wizard before. Dumbledore is nothing like gandalf or saruman, and it should stay that way.

Sean connery and patrick stewart arent nice enough to play the part. Both bastards.

Legendary

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2002
Can it be denied that Sean Connery is a fabulous actor though?
He wouldn't do it though. Don't know about Picard...an unknown would probably serve it best.
RIP Richard Harris.

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
How is Dumbledore nothing like Gandalf?
Both are wizards, tall hat, robes, long white beard, humble yet the most powerful wizard in the land.

Aves

Lifer
Feb 7, 2001
imdb.com

"Double" May Get Harris' Role in Potter Films

The actor who doubled for the late Richard Harris as headmaster Dumbledore in the first two Harry Potter movies will likely take over the role completely in the next Potter film, The Prisoner of Azkaban, the London Sunday Mirror reported. The newspaper said that 72-year-old Harry Robinson not only looks like Harris, but can impersonate his voice as well. A source told the Sunday Mirror: "Producers have told Harry there's a very strong chance of him getting the part." Robinson himself told the paper: "It would be my tribute to someone I was very fond of." Harris died on Friday of Hodgkins Disease at the age of 72.