Who thinks Starship Troopers ...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Cutterhead

Jul 13, 2005
The book was better than the movie in some ways, and in others not... they are two very different beasts. The book is actually more of a political statement than a sci-fi novel. I really like this movie too, even though it is corny. And I have been waiting for an Ender's Game film forever! That is great news.

Would also be great to see a movie rendition of The Mote in God's Eye. For those of you looking for a great sci-fi read, this book is phenomenal. Think it was written in like the 70's but I just read it a couple summers ago for the first time, and it was surprisingly not very dated at all. Definitely on par with Ender's Game in terms of quality, and would also make a great film today.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
the book is better

the second movie was pretty gory (like horror gore, not the blown up bug gore like the first movie), but still fun to watch

Dallows

Nov 30, 2004
I was in it for the doogie howser factor. Also, does the second movie have more/hotter boobies?

Zee

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: Dallows
I was in it for the doogie howser factor. Also, does the second movie have more/hotter boobies?

no, less

Dallows

Nov 30, 2004
There's a HL2 mod? I knew the bugs looked familiar in the game, though I didn't see many other's pointing it out. Do you have a link for this mod?

Edit: I researched it, still in development apparently. Hopefully it comes out soon.

DurocShark

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
Originally posted by: whitecloak
the book was infinitely better

Indeed. I have the book on my desk at work! Just to prove to people the story had nothing to do with the movie. LOL!