Who tends to be more hateful conservatives or liberals.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
This is one of the dumbest topics I have seen in awhile. Created by one of the dumbest posters we have on this msgboard. And it looks like the OP got what he wanted.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Hardcore conservatives certainly love to play armchair dictator, but it's the hardcore liberals that tend to take to the streets and break shit :whiste:

When is the last time you saw a Liberal packing heat at one of President Obama's speeches?

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
When is the last time you saw a Liberal packing heat at one of President Obama's speeches?

Teabaggers just hobble around with their walkers and canes, smelling of Bengay and shouting inane slogans. Leftist events are the ones that seem to devolve into looting stores and torching vehicles. Again, just my observations.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Teabaggers just hobble around with their walkers and canes, smelling of Bengay and shouting inane slogans. Leftist events are the ones that seem to devolve into looting stores and torching vehicles. Again, just my observations.

Where is the proof they were part of the occupy group?

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
IMHO it seem like most conservatives are full of hate. They don't see the harm they are doing to this country because they are consumed by their hate of the left. Liberals tend to be more open about different ideas, even ones they don't agree with. Conservatives tend to be close minded.

What are your thoughts in this issue?

I disagree. Once a liberal has made up his/her mind, their egos prevent them from listening to opposing viewpoints.

I think this is what happens on each side:

Republican - "groupthink", will repeat what the rest of their party says, tend to be very "patriotic". They gravitate towards groups they can relate to, and then fill in the gaps with what the rest of the group thinks. Ironically, I think Republicans tend to be more communistic than liberals.

Democrat - "self-righteous", will come to a conclusion first, then seek out supporting material to perpetuate their conclusion, and other material to show how the other side is wrong. The more material they find the more convinced they are of their position, regardless of the validity of the material. They don't like to be wrong so they will avoid or refute anything that hurts their stance.

Now back to what I bolded:

Liberals tend to be more open about different ideas, even ones they don't agree with.

I've heard this a lot. I've looked for it but I haven't seen it. Liberals will say they are more open about different ideas, but my observation is they are choosy about what those different ideas are, and if they don't fall into what they believe in, then they are discounted. I think both parties are as equally close-minded.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Who tends to be more hateful, conservatives or liberals?

THEM. They are. The other guys.

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
The whole moniker "conservative" is a mislabeling.

By definition, Conservatives should abhor change and Liberals be more accepting of change.

What change is debatable. There are no Liberal Minded individual that support baby killing, and the converse (were it so) is not opposed by conservatives.

What we have here are selective retro-activists and progressive liberals. The Liberals wanting, generally, change that will better their own world (and hopefully others) and the retros want to roll back SOME laws to when they felt things were better.

The problem is, both cherry pick. All you have to do is drive around and see the 1.5 bathroom bungalows that were popular in the 1950's and realize that we did NOT have it, in general, better in the "old days". You can also look to California and their mounting debt to see that giving people everything they ask (vote) for is not realistic either.

But both have their points. Rolling back tax law to pre-Reagan era rules, and indeed even some that were made by conservatives such as Nixon, would be better than what we now have. But ignoring the health, safety and other protections that we instituted through the ages and the voicing of our own objections should not be ruled out....

But, going with today's erroneous definition of "conservative: and "liberal", would definitely call the conservatives more hateful. Just the active approval of the police treatment of passive protesters is a clear sign that they favor might, even when it might not be right.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
To me it's equal. Anyone who chooses a group identity over their own is already going to be a hateful person because everything will be weighed against their group identity. Groupthink is a horrible thing.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This is a stupid argument. Just look at the tea party and their meetings and then look at the Occupy movement and their meetings. Who committed the most crime?

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
This is a stupid argument. Just look at the tea party and their meetings and then look at the Occupy movement and their meetings. Who committed the most crime?

The one that rented out a space, carried unloaded automatic weapons to Presidential visits to make a point, and had old ladies in RWB hats that had to be pointed in the right direction once the speakers started?

GMAB. The Tea Party was and is a joke. They started with a good premise, but used the wrong associations, were selective in what they wanted to repeal, and then got hijacked by the radical right.

Once the people they elected got in and started doing what they wanted, they did not like it.

Just plain stupid. These are the same ones that buy their stuff from QVC.

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
It just bugs me that these group of retros traveled around with Minnie-Pearl hats not realizing the euphemism "tea-bagging" and not fully comprehending what the original (Tea Party) protest was about.

They focused on Government Taxation and ignored the other facets of the action and the movement.

Also, Doc, the signs may be similar, but the people were all standing in the same pile of shit and pointing to someone different to blame it on.

Nov 30, 2006
It just bugs me that these group of retros traveled around with Minnie-Pearl hats not realizing the euphemism "tea-bagging" and not fully comprehending what the original (Tea Party) protest was about.

They focused on Government Taxation and ignored the other facets of the action and the movement.

Also, Doc, the signs may be similar, but the people were all standing in the same pile of shit and pointing to someone different to blame it on.
Same shit...different day.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
So sad that after 30 years to prove their crackpot ideas all conservatives have to rationalize total failure is the same chipish bullshit. " waaah! The other side does it!!" And then acts like victims when called to the floor, like life and the free market of ideas should be ' fair to you all just because ydon't like your little p muslims who cant handle their political soap opera cult critisized, it is as annoying as your right wing brethren - the fundie Muslim who get butthurt when someone dares draw allah.

If you guys have. No real ideas then shit or get off the pot. Conservatism is a pointless cult just in the way with a lot of whining, noone buys it but fellow " victims'.

Last edited:

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
So sad that after 30 years to prove their crackpot ideas all conservatives have to rationalize total failure is the same chipish bullshit. " waaah! The other side does it!!" And then acts like victims when called to the floor, like life and the free market of ideas should be ' fair to you all just because ydon't like your little p muslims who cant handle their political soap opera cult critisized, it is as annoying as your right wing brethren - the fundie Muslim who get butthurt when someone dares draw allah.

If you guys have. No real ideas then shit or get off the pot. Conservatism is a pointless cult just in the way with a lot of whining, noone buys it but fellow " victims'.

Here is a perfect example that liberals are quite idiotic.

Last edited:

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
cybr, I don't think he is hateful.

Drunk, maybe. Or Texting. Sometimes you can't tell the diff.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
I always thought that Lincoln was a Republican. I know for a fact that Republicans supported Civil Rights far more often then the Democrats did. I'm pretty conservative, but i've voted for same sex marriage and fully support it. Also no problems with gays in the military. I guess you could say I oppose unions throwing their members money away on liberal Democrats, so I guess you got one right.

Listing hateful "liberal" activities? You don't have to look any further then your signature for that or this thread for another.

This one:
"I get it. You are angry that insurers making billions in profits cannot deny or drop coverage of your fellow Americans. You aren't angry that they make profits off the healthy while the taxpayers pay for the elderly, the poor, and the ER. Just like slave owners, proponents of segregation, those against women's rights, those against inter-racial marriage, those against abortion, and those against civil rights, and soon, those against gay marriage, you will get over it. "

Political parties change. We are talking about liberals vs conservatives.

What is hateful about my signature? Everything I said there is true. Conservatives were/are supportive of those positions. Did I characterize any of that wrong? Feel free to point out what you disagree with.

Back to the political parties... only a handful of democrats are "liberal", and even then, they are the equivalent to conservatives in every other first world country. Also, please read up on history and how the name of political parties have changed and how ideologies intertwine with it.

Karl Agathon

Golden Member
Sep 30, 2010
A very good question OP. Like another poster already mentioned here, assholes come from all walks of life. There is a lot of fringe right wing hate. At the same time though, I also see a lot of intolerance from "so called" liberals too. I say so called because Liberals from a general standpoint (from what I understand) are supposed to be very tolerent of other beliefs and have a live and let live attitude. Many are like that of course to be fair. There are also quite a few that only seem to tolerate you if you share their beliefs. Same as some right wingers too.