Who Sells A Quiet KT133A Northbridge Fan For ABIT KT7 Raid?

ginky4

Oct 11, 2000
I have an ABIT KT7 Raid Motherboard. The VIA KT133A Northbridge Fan is extremely noisy. I had it replaced once under warranty for noise. Now the new fan is making a bunch of noise. Who sells a replacement fan for this? The fan is an ABIT DSF model. I'd like to buy an upgraded fan from somebody. Who sells one? This fan has 4 mounting screws. Thanks.

NuovoTech

Oct 9, 1999
There's a "Blue Orb" type that fits with some modification (filing & extra washers). I saw an article about this, tho I can not locate it. Maybe some
one else can help with that?

LickEmSmack

Jul 4, 2000
I think you should be safe simply unplugging the fan (if it will let you do so). The fan is only necessary for decent overclocks on the KT133A northbridge chip. The KT7 has the KT133 northbridge and will run fine w/o the fan. If you still want a fan for whatever reason, I have seen pictures of a retail Intel PIII HSF fitting perfectly over the KT7A northbridge. For info on this check out about a week ago on HardOCP.

dew042

Platinum Member
Nov 2, 2000

<< I think you should be safe simply unplugging the fan (if it will let you do so). The fan is only necessary for decent overclocks on the KT133A northbridge chip. The KT7 has the KT133 northbridge and will run fine w/o the fan. If you still want a fan for whatever reason, I have seen pictures of a retail Intel PIII HSF fitting perfectly over the KT7A northbridge. For info on this check out about a week ago on HardOCP. >>

he's perfectly correct....you don't need it badly on a kt133 board. i would try removing the fan opening up the back and installing some grease and see if that helps first.....

good luck

John P

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Kinda old thread, but............ E-Mail Abit tech support and you should have a new fan in your mailbox within 2 weeks. This is a common problem with these fans. Of course, as soon as I received mine the original fan stopped making noise :) Musta known it's time was coming....