Who played the Overlord demo on Fileplanet??

Scouzer

Lifer
Jun 3, 2001
I just finished the demo. I must say I'm impressed. I might have to actually buy a game, I only buy perhaps 3 a year.

Anyone else impressed?

MarcVenice

Moderator Emeritus <br>
Apr 2, 2007
I LOVED it, I'm quite critical when it comes to games, but this game has LOADS of potential. The fact that you get to play evil really appeals to me. Usually when I have to pick in a game, like nwn 2, I play as a good guy, but here it's just fun to be badass. I just hope the game is big enough, and offers enough variation. The graphics looked pretty darn good, even on a 7600gs 512mb * slow card * at medium it looked pretty good, and didn't run to shabby either. I can't imagine what a 'real' videocard can do with this game.

And Dutch developers to boot, what else could I ask for :p

rangda

Nov 20, 2006
I had a blast playing it as well, I had far, far too much fun beating up the jester. :) It reminds me a lot of oddworld in that it doesn't take itself too seriously.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
I liked it but I think the user interface needs work. I found it very unnatural using the key board to move and the mouse to issue commands. Much rather point with the mouse and then use the keyboard to issue the command... Did you all find the same issue? Would the game work better with a game pad instead of keyboard ?

Lord Banshee

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2004
Just played the demo

And WOW... i like this game it has humor, looks great, plays smooth with my setup at 1920x1200 and it was fun... What else can you ask form a game... I wish the demo was longer though it took less than 30 min to finish the demo it seemed.

Looks like i also might buy this one

Skacer

Banned
Jun 4, 2007
The movement makes it feel like your dude is trudging through mud, somewhat annoying. The controls are ghetto too. But the actual game is pretty damn fun, I like the gameplay a lot.

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
Just finished the demo. I was surprised by how much fun it seems. I'll likely be picking this one up as well.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Finally got to play this last night. It took me a little while to get the controls down, but once I did it was a total blast! I think I will be picking this one up as well! I love games with a good sense of humour.

KT

Oct 19, 2000
I downloaded and played the demo previously on the Xbox360, but didn't care much for it. It seemed to have enormous potential, but the controls were wacky for the 360.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
i got part way through the tutorial then it crashed on me so i uninstalled it. looks liek it might be cool/fun.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Originally posted by: blurredvision
I downloaded and played the demo previously on the Xbox360, but didn't care much for it. It seemed to have enormous potential, but the controls were wacky for the 360.

I downloaded this for the 360 and haven't played it yet... but on this note, I may just try it for the PC instead.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Just a quick comment on the performance. I had everything maxed (though there were really only a couple of things to change IIRC) at 1920x1200 and I averaged around 25 FPS on the rig in my signature.

That level of frames seems fine for this game as everything was very smooth.

Cheers,
KT

40sTheme

Golden Member
Sep 24, 2006
Originally posted by: Aikouka
Originally posted by: blurredvision

I downloaded this for the 360 and haven't played it yet... but on this note, I may just try it for the PC instead.

It's WAY easier on the PC because you can actually free look. On the 360, moving changes your camera angle instead of the usual right analog look. Right analog issues sweep commands and other stuff. On PC, you can fully move the camera with the mouse, so it's easier to move around and keep up with what's going on. I also think it's easier to sweep your minions on the PC. They seem to react more to the mouse movements.
EDIT: Oh, and as far as performance goes, with the rig in my sig I get ~30 FPS with everything maxed (including SSTRAA + 8xAA) at 1440x900.