Who needs the Onion when Tucker and reality collide

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Turning the Fox News network into INFOWARS.

Your country needs a reckoning with the tuckers, seans, alexe's that is poisoning the well... over and over and over and over... and over and over and over again.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Latest Fucker news:

He says the FBI planned the 1/6 capitol riot.

No, I'm not joking.
I really wish they would decide whether the 1/6 insurrection was no big deal, or was a plot by antifa/the deep state to make republicans look bad. I feel like you have to pick one.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
There once was a time when there was enough of a critical mass of sane people so that the crackpots and wack-jobs could be shut down by society as a whole. Now, sadly, that no longer seems to be the case (in the US anyway) and there seems to be enough of a critical mass of the nut-jobs that they can’t be shut down and their ideas, beliefs and Conspiracy Theories continually evolve and morph and robustly interfere with normalcy.

But it’s not just about numbers (reaching a critical mass). It’s about the 24/7 support these people receive from “respectable” media outlets.

The nutjobs and the crazies used to feel marginalized and alone. Now they feel they are part of a force of millions —‘the majority’. And the reason they feel that is that wherever they look, the only television and radio and online environments they ever look at are telling them that their insane ideas are correct and righteous.

if FoxNews were made ‘opt-in’ instead of standard on all cable systems, maybe fewer people would believe that it and its messages are legitimate. I’ve watched Fox turn my in laws brains to mush over the past 2 decades. It’s a horrifying thing to see. And it’s real.

Rupert and Lachlan Murdoch have done more to demolish democracy across the world than any other people I can think of in recent times. Rupert’s on my death pool list. Perhaps keeping him alive. We cannot undo his citizenship, nor will Australia take him back.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Stuff that was a joke on The Onion in 2015 is now reality on Fox News.

I really really REALLY wish half of America wasnt completely brainwashed so they could see whats actually going on here. Its scary.

Reactions: hal2kilo

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Which is worse, actually believing that or cynically pretending to belive it to exploit gullible idiots?

There is no answer to that, really. Because you are talking about two symbiotic sides of the same coin.

For myself, I would certainly hate to be the kind of person with such non-existent critical thinking skills. I mean, Carlson claims that because there are unindicted co-conspirators who are evidently providing information to authorities, these unindicted co-conspirators must have been working for the FBI when they participated in the riot. It's incoherent word salad. Come to think of it, I'd be so stupid to believe it that I wouldn't even realize how stupid I was, so I suppose ignorance would be bliss.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I don't care what caused his outing. A charlatan, is a charlatan, and I can't believe anybody's been buying his "objective focus on the peoples political thoughts" is was all conservative BS. So now he's not quite conservative enough for the crazies? I could care less, because he's been part of this conservative propaganda, forever. And now he's going to take a bath in it.

I'm not defending Luntz other than to say he's served the GOP rather well over the years. Trump's cult of personality stood everything on its ear & is causing a huge rift in the Party. They thought they could nurture & manage the cray-cray indefinitely. Except it doesn't work that way & never really has.

Reactions: hal2kilo

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
There is no answer to that, really. Because you are talking about two symbiotic sides of the same coin.

For myself, I would certainly hate to be the kind of person with such non-existent critical thinking skills. I mean, Carlson claims that because there are unindicted co-conspirators who are evidently providing information to authorities, these unindicted co-conspirators must have been working for the FBI when they participated in the riot. It's incoherent word salad. Come to think of it, I'd be so stupid to believe it that I wouldn't even realize how stupid I was, so I suppose ignorance would be bliss.
So Trump was working for the FBI?

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
The New York Times is reporting that Fox is planning to introduce “Fox Weather”, its competition to the Weather Channel. It should be interesting if the channel will talk about weather effects related to global climate change.

I can see it now. Bad weather will have a flashing blue arrow pointed left, good weather will have a flashing red arrow pointed right, and all the hurricanes and tropical storms will have foreign names followed by a (D). All female names for hurricanes will be Hillary and Kamala.

Each hurricane, tornado or other bad weather event will be blamed on a specific Democrat policy...

“Yesterday a tornado swept through an Oklahoma neighborhood. Our weather experts are saying this was caused by Biden’s policy of extending the existing pause on federal student loan repayments.”

And ... All the “meteorologists” will be equipped with Sharpies.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
The New York Times is reporting that Fox is planning to introduce “Fox Weather”, its competition to the Weather Channel. It should be interesting if the channel will talk about weather effects related to global climate change.

I can see it now. Bad weather will have a flashing blue arrow pointed left, good weather will have a flashing red arrow pointed right, and all the hurricanes and tropical storms will have foreign names followed by a (D). All female names for hurricanes will be Hillary and Kamala.

Each hurricane, tornado or other bad weather event will be blamed on a specific Democrat policy...

“Yesterday a tornado swept through an Oklahoma neighborhood. Our weather experts are saying this was caused by Biden’s policy of extending the existing pause on federal student loan repayments.”

And ... All the “meteorologists” will be equipped with Sharpies.
I guess they need to step up since the ex-ceo climate change denier left a few years ago.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
comrade tucker :tearsofjoy:

@whoeverisinchargehere can we get tiktok embedded plsthxbai

Feb 4, 2009
comrade tucker :tearsofjoy:

@whoeverisinchargehere can we get tiktok embedded plsthxbai

That’s funny and Fucker is even funnier.
“Why not tax the businesses who thrived during COVID....Bezos is the richest man in history...”

Fucker that is EXACTLY what we have been saying for fucking years.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I really wish they would decide whether the 1/6 insurrection was no big deal, or was a plot by antifa/the deep state to make republicans look bad. I feel like you have to pick one.
Any Trump supporter will be perfectly capable of telling him or herself he or she believes both.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
At what point do you shut down a network for crimes against the people?
Probably never because, sadly, only when any need to shut down 'the other' ceases to be felt as a need can anybody be trusted with such power and anybody so free would run from the opportunity. Absolute power corrupts but only those who are able to be corrupted. Nobody sees beyond their own corruptibility.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Probably never because, sadly, only when any need to shut down 'the other' ceases to be felt as a need can anybody be trusted with such power and anybody so free would run from the opportunity. Absolute power corrupts but only those who are able to be corrupted. Nobody sees beyond their own corruptibility.

Sad as it may be, is it not beyond that point?

If you are Jesus you have a couple of cheeks to turn, but for this scenario one pop is what you have and its gone.