who needs an oil change? $15 till 3/31

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
They rang this up for $15 without the coupon, but here goes... Meineke. If you normally get this for the same price, good for you. :) I think most who don't do their own oil change pay $20.

Oct 16, 2002
"One coupon per vehicle"

Uhh...what? Is this in case someone tries to get their oil changed twice in a row? Legal covering their *sses again :(

HankD

Mar 6, 2000
One coupon per vehicle"

Uhh...what? Is this in case someone tries to get their oil changed twice in a row? Legal covering their *sses again

That's to keep you from using a Brake check coupon or some other coupon at the same time...
to either keep you coming back more often, or find something else they can charge for while you're there.

Hank

kyutip

Golden Member
Jul 24, 2000
I think Walmart is pretty cheap too, about $15.
Best of all, they don't hassle you about changing this and that.

Ness

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2002
Whatever you do, never go to Jiffy Lube or similar "In and Out" Oil places.

Because the people working there didn't know as much about cars as they should have, they put the wrong oil filter on my car once. Two days later, I was stranded along the highway 100 miles from home because their wrong oil filter rattled off during my drive, and all of the oil leaked out. They were so wrapped up in trying to get me to buy air filters and windsheild wipers that they screwed up, and I had to suffer because of it.

They offered only to replace the engine of my car with a used engine. While I suppose it is fair, how am I to assume that the engine I got (after 2 months of legal bullcrap, mind you) was in as good condition as I kept mine?

Now I either go to the dealer or a certified service shop for my oil change. The extra few bucks 5 or 6 times a year is well worth the confidence and better service, not to mention the prevention of legal crap and being stranded again.

Sorry if it's thread crapping, but I just wanted to vent and warn people.

Mallow

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2001
I get a $15 oil change any day of the week @ wal-mart with 15 point check list. Pretty good deal IMO.

weirdichi

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2001
Pretty good deal. At Meineke. I never go to Walmart anymore since the first time they did my oil change, I gotta leak and my plug was all loose. It is quite true: You get what you pay for.

slider64

Apr 15, 2002
Jiffy Lube forgot to put my oil cap back on, on my way home my car was engulfed in flames. They refused to admit that it was their fault. I laughed at them. I thought it was really funny. There is nothing quite as funny as the looks that you get from other drivers when your car is on fire and you are still driving it. Just act like you have no clue and keep driving

DurocShark

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
Originally posted by: slider64
Jiffy Lube forgot to put my oil cap back on, on my way home my car was engulfed in flames. They refused to admit that it was their fault. I laughed at them. I thought it was really funny. There is nothing quite as funny as the looks that you get from other drivers when your car is on fire and you are still driving it. Just act like you have no clue and keep driving

:Q;)

bjamm2

Dec 29, 2002
I change my own oil to make sure its done right, i pay like 7 bucks for oil and 1.99 for the filter. So i pay 8.99 every 3k miles :)

Banana

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2001
Originally posted by: bjamm2
I change my own oil to make sure its done right, i pay like 7 bucks for oil and 1.99 for the filter. So i pay 8.99 every 3k miles :)
But what do YOU do with the used oil??

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: 1YellowPeril
Originally posted by: bjamm2
But what do YOU do with the used oil??
Dumping it down the gutter seems like a good option. (j/k) :D

I have a few options for used oil disposal in my area:

1) Advance Auto Parts stores accept used oil.
2) Also, I have a county recycling center about 4 miles from my home that accepts used oil, used batteries and used anti-freeze.

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
thanks for the coupon, I have an appointment for next friday so they can do it while I am at work next door:)

I suppose my vehicle needs it by now, no oil chance in 8 months...hmmm

Sobe

May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: kyutip
I think Walmart is pretty cheap too, about $15.
Best of all, they don't hassle you about changing this and that.

I usually get the $11.94 oil change from Walmart Linky