Who makes the best coax splitters

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Originally posted by: The Boston Dangler
Originally posted by: oldsmoboat
One more question.
I need a splitter to send the signal to the modem.
What makes a good, passive splitter? Radio Shack gold for $16.00?

no, radio shack is crap. swing by the cable company's office and ask for a splitter. chances are they will have a freebie for you.

Funny... I thought that cable companies discouraged splitters. Aren't they still afraid that you're going to use them to let your neighbor in the apartment or condo next to you share/steal your cable?

renrut23

Apr 16, 2013
I wasn't really sure where to post this but this looked like a good place to start.

I have TWC turbo internet with a WebSTAR DPC2100R2 modem. (I'm thinking of upgrading to a Motorola SurfBoard SB6141 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem later)

I live in an apt that has one cable drop in the living room and everything has to come off of that. I have 3 TVs and my cable modem that all have to come off that one line. The modem has a good signal now from what i can tell the the TV in the one bedroom is alright but some channels are grainy. I was going to buy a Motorola Signal Booster 4-Port BDA-S4 Cable Modem TV HDTV Amplifier at first so that way the 3 TVS and the modem all have their own connections. This however wont work b/c I cannot run another coax line to the 3rd TV. I'm going to have to split the line in the bedroom and run it to the other bedroom. I guess my real question is should I use a
Motorola Signal Booster 4-Port BDA-S4 Cable Modem TV HDTV Amplifier or Motorola Signal Booster 4-Port Cable Modem TV HDTV Amplifier with Active Return Cable Modem Boost? (Even though I will only be using 3 ports on it and a high quality splitter for the other TV)

natto fire

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2000
Knew this was an old thread when I read OP and didn't see any bro/yo/etc. that Alky loves so much now.