Who makes the best boxers?

grohl

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2004
I've tried them all, Gap, Polo, Hanes, Brooks Brothers, Banana Republic. I know underwear doesn't last forever but I'm only getting 4-5 months out of mine until they start ripping out and tearing.

Maybe the 20-30 washes these are getting are the lifespan? What do you guys wear and have had the best luck with?

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
Khols on sale whatever they have that looks good/feels comfortable. Usually joe boxer, some type of silk kind, and the yellow band boxer that I forget the name

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
croft and barrow - 90% polyster, 10% spandex. most comfortable boxers i've ever worn. they're f'in amazing.

RollWave

Diamond Member
May 20, 2003
oddly my favorites are Old Navy. They just seem to be the most comfortable/cheap...highly recommended.

Gap is the worst of the bunch.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I'll let you in on a secret.......

Tommy Hilfiger makes bar none the best boxers out there. I will own nothing else. I have pairs that are at least 6 years old and they are as if they were new. They really are that good.

EGGO

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
Calvin Klein. I swear by them. Also, look for silk boxers by Intimo. :D

RollWave

Diamond Member
May 20, 2003
Originally posted by: spidey07

Tommy Hilfiger makes bar none the best boxers out there. I will own nothing else. I have pairs that are at least 6 years old and they are as if they were new. They really are that good.

Pshhh. 6 years? My 3 dollar boxers from Old navy are still running strong. :) :D

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
banana republic ftw, in style comfort and longevity... i love my boxers that have little penguins, and the ones with turtles in a racecar :)
also, perry ellis boxers are nice too, the silky feeling ones, although they are made of cotton

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: RollWave
Originally posted by: spidey07

Pshhh. 6 years? My 3 dollar boxers from Old navy are still running strong. :) :D

But I only own two pair of boxers and just alternate days.

Beat that!

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: grohl
Originally posted by: BrunoPuntzJones
Seems to be black males

:confused:

... you didn't get it?

I wear boxer briefs... haven't ever found a need to buy anything more expensive than Hanes. But hey, go ahead and keep spending $20 a pair on underwear. :)

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by: grohl
I've tried them all, Gap, Polo, Hanes, Brooks Brothers, Banana Republic. I know underwear doesn't last forever but I'm only getting 4-5 months out of mine until they start ripping out and tearing.

Maybe the 20-30 washes these are getting are the lifespan? What do you guys wear and have had the best luck with?

Are you overweight? When I was, I went through underwear a lot faster than when I lost weight. Just a question.

JC86

Jan 18, 2007
another vote for jockey, mine are finally showing wear after three solid years of washing every week. other than that, they're comfy as hell. Maybe its just me but Hanes boxers feel cheap and flimsy. Tommy's nice too, but the cotton ones are really thick so your family jewels will be steaming in the summer. :) my 2 cents.

Kyle

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
I got two packs of banana republic boxers a while back when they were on sale - they are my fav's - just seem to fit the best, not too tight, never bunch etc.
I have a couple nice silk pairs that are comfy too - not sure on brand

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
I'm wearing some fruit of the loom boxer briefs...no complaints here.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Meh - I go to Target to get all of mine. They usually sell a 3 pack of assorted patterns (well - usually stripes) for like 6 bucks - under the Merona brand (I just pulled down my pants just to check the brand :eek: - lol).