Who lives in / knows about Arkansas?

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
Well, Colorado was the last place my family was looking at to move to, but Arkansas is the latest and looks like it'll be it. Problem is, no one in my small town in Cali knows anything about Arkansas, so, who can give me info?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Arkansas is near the bottom on education, health care, too many things to list.

Caveat Emptor.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
It spawned Bill and Roger Clinton. I need not say more.

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Riprorin
Rent the movie "Deliverance".

You sure do got a pertty mouth. You're gonna do some praying for me boy!

you have mighty purty lips.

Now let's you just drop them pants.

Atrail

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
I have never seen that movie and now I never intend to.
That is sick...

Hot Springs is pretty nice.

Einz

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
Well, having lived in Arkansas from age 6 to 10, I feel obligated to defend the state :) First off, make sure that you stay in northern Arkansas, preferably northwestern, where Fayetteville/Springdale is. The people there are not what you expect from Arkansas. Your stereotypical Arkansas hick is probably in eastern and southern Arkansas. I grew up in Fayetteville and I think I turned out ok ;) Afterall, I am typing this in one of MIT's freshmen dorms :D (College rules!) Ok, back to topic at hand. Arkansas isn't a bad place. It might surprise you. Just to be sure to stay in northwestern Arkansas and you should be fine. Whatever you do, don't go southern Arkansas. The weather there is horrible and the bugs will eat you alive. Plus, you get all those "hicks" as neighbors. Good luck!

Hig

Sep 20, 2000
Lived in Arkansas for the first 23 years of my life. What part are you moving to? I would be glad to lend my "years" of experience if you will drop me a pm.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
When you move there and meet a girl just remember to make sure with her Uncle Daddy that it's ok for her to date outside the family before you invite her to the prom.