Who is the true anti-war candidate? Not Barack Obama

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Deeko
Originally posted by: bamacre
Originally posted by: Deeko

hahah, yea, and I don't want to go into work tomorrow either. But it's my job, so I'm going to.

It has nothing to do with them not having to go to work. Your notion of this all but a slap in the face to those men and women in uniform. This is about a president using the military responsibly, putting them in harm's way only when it cannot be prevented.

A slap in the face? How so? They're doing their job, which I acknowledge. They know full well when they join the military that this is a possibility. They don't want to go home because, in your words, "the president isn't using military responsibility", they want to go home because they don't want to be in Iraq getting shot at anymore. But that's the risk you run when you join the military.
Don't worry about it Deeko, most of us soldiers do not see it the way Bamacre describes. While many soldiers DO feel that invading Iraq was a mistake, such as myself, most of us also realize that the work we're doing over there now is important; and we don't want to see a total withdrawal from Iraq that leaves the entire place in chaos.

For a lot of us, such a move would itself be a slap in the face. We see our current work in Iraq as meaningful and we're working toward a light that we CAN see at the end of the tunnel; but a total immediate withdrawal that leads to chaos would make all of our continuing sacrifices meaningless.

The loudest RP supporters, and perhaps even a few of our youngest soldiers, don't seem to understand that... but they all will... someday.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: ultimatebob
Your guy only got 4% of the vote in Virginia. Give it up man... he's done.

Why would I ever give up fighting for my country? The current individuals at the head of my nation present a greater threat then Iraq or any terrorist ever did.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Perry404
The current individuals at the head of my nation present a greater threat then Iraq or any terrorist ever did.

You're even more delusional than Paul, Paulbot.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Corbett
Originally posted by: bamacre
The troops want to leave, sooner than later. That's why they give money to Paul, and to Obama.

LAWL! Best post evar! Please feel free to post proof.

It's called common sense.

Edit: If you were int the situation would you vote for '100 years in Iraq McCain or 'Pull them out ASAP Paul'?

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
I hope all your Paul supporters move your wagons over to the Obama campaign.

Obama actually has a chance... you know...?

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: palehorse74Don't worry about it Deeko, most of us soldiers do not see it the way Bamacre describes. While many soldiers DO feel that invading Iraq was a mistake, such as myself, most of us also realize that the work we're doing over there now is important; and we don't want to see a total withdrawal from Iraq that leaves the entire place in chaos.

For a lot of us, such a move would itself be a slap in the face. We see our current work in Iraq as meaningful and we're working toward a light that we CAN see at the end of the tunnel; but a total immediate withdrawal that leads to chaos would make all of our continuing sacrifices meaningless.

The loudest RP supporters, and perhaps even a few of our youngest soldiers, don't seem to understand that... but they all will... someday.

I'm not there and I'm sure you have a more knowledgeable understanding of the situation but do you really think this war will have a good longterm outcome? I think this war is similar to a gambler who gets in over their head and continues to gamble to try and win back their losses.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Robor
I'm not there and I'm sure you have a more knowledgeable understanding of the situation but do you really think this war will have a good longterm outcome? I think this war is similar to a gambler who gets in over their head and continues to gamble to try and win back their losses.
You might consider me an "unrealistic optimist," and I might consider you an "uninformed defeatist;" and, somewhere in between lies the "realist." We each simply have different ideals, motivations, perceptions, etc.

At the end of the day, sans the invention of a crystal ball, none of the "ists" ever know what the future holds, or how things will turn out.

Personally, I'm going to continue thinking positive, and working hard to create a safe, secure, and stable Iraq. Whatever you other "ists" choose to do is entirely up to you!

fair enough?

Nov 29, 2006
Originally posted by: OrByte
I hope all your Paul supporters move your wagons over to the Obama campaign.

Obama actually has a chance... you know...?

You would make a great sports fan with that attitude. OMG Yankee's stand a chance to win the World Series i better cheer them on. Front Runners FTL