Who is the better pitcher?

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
All three can be aces on other staff. I always thought Mark Mulder was the best of the three. This guy is a inning eater. Zito isn't very good at crunch time.

Zito only has fastball and curve, Mulder has slider, cut fastball, fastball, curve and change.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
I went to an Oakland spring training game the other day. Zito started. I thought you could only see the break on that curve ball on tv...i was wrong. That curve is unbelievable.

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
Originally posted by: pyonir
I went to an Oakland spring training game the other day. Zito started. I thought you could only see the break on that curve ball on tv...i was wrong. That curve is unbelievable.

I bet you voted Zito huh? I voted Hudson, then Mulder.....so I'm SURE you voted Zito

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Staley8
Originally posted by: pyonir

I bet you voted Zito huh? I voted Hudson, then Mulder.....so I'm SURE you voted Zito

:D Yep. I can post pics when i get home. ;)

jonnyjack

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 1999
like someone said...hudson is the most consistent health and results wise. mulder has the best stuff but he's seems to get injured every year. zito's K:BB ratio is getting worse every year. been in the league three years and pitcher more innings each year but K's are going down. with tejada not behind him anymore and ellis now out 6-8 weeks we'll see how many balls get through the infield. not only from him but hudson and mulder as well.

but zito's curve sure is nice. i can see it all the way from the upper deck. looking forward to the games this year. A's have 2 years before the the big three become free agents so if they're going to win a world series it has to be now.

everyone says their offense is weaker this year since tejada left, but dye was a non factor last year and should bounce back this season. durazo shoiuld do better since he had a year to adjust to AL pitching. so don't count out the A's yet.

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
It's good thing A's kept Chavez. Chavez leaving would have equaled the big three seeking employment elsewhere because of the team's lack of commitment.

Best thing A's did was not resign Giambi, Isringhausen, Damon, and Foulke (overrated).

Not sure how Tejeda will do, but he was a good presence in the clubhouse.

WTF was Beane thinking signing Rhodes as the closer? That guy crumbles under pressure. Mark Ellis was never good, he doesn't hit for power or average. Doesn't walk much either.

The most improved team will have to be Red Sox and Angels. Oakland just needs to make adjustments to get back to championship calibur.

I still cringe whoever decided to start Gil Heredia in game 5 of ALDS.

Aug 14, 2001
As said above, Zito is having a kind of scary trend. He was fantastic a couple of years ago though. I guess if I had to pick based on last season being weighted more heavily, I would choose Hudson.

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
Originally posted by: MCrusty
BAN

Moron.

Yes RabidMongoose, Hudson would have better win-loss record if it weren't for the bad run support. Mulder has the best stuff overall, Hudson is the most dominating when in the zone and Zito is just filthy with his curveball.