Who is still on dial up?

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
yeah, landline.

What speed is your cell connection?

Wait, you mean cell phone right? not like a jack on the wall of your cell... right?

deftron

Lifer
Nov 17, 2000
Sometimes it's take a second to connect after dialing,

but there's never a delay talking in conversation

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Not only am I on dialup, I am on a dialup speed that varies from 19.2 to 21.6. :| Just before moving here, we had a T-1 line. :|:|

batmang

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2003
Originally posted by: Bryophyte
Not only am I on dialup, I am on a dialup speed that varies from 19.2 to 21.6. :| Just before moving here, we had a T-1 line. :|:|

that is horrible.

Xecuter

Golden Member
Aug 17, 2004
Originally posted by: batmang

that is horrible.

ouch

OREOSpeedwagon

Diamond Member
May 30, 2001

man, that's horrible. i really feel bad for you :(

Jun 4, 2005
I've just been haunted by the modem sounds. Took me like, three years before I found out that you could turn them off. :( I'm not going to sleep tonight.

<3 Cable.

jupiter57

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2001
Finally, after 8+ years of Dial-up at home, I just got my DSL working!
Always suffererd through crappy phone lines and being so far out of town, the connections were always terrible.
When I am at my apartment at work, I still use Dial-up, but with a consistant 49K-52K connection, its not too bad.
DSL at my jobsite also, I try to stay late and do my major surfing and downloading there, and use the dial-up in the evenings, mostly for ATOT & other less bandwidth sites.

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
My family was the first in Arizona to have a cable modem through Cox's beta testing program. Never went back to dialup

I remember playing Starcraft and people telling me that 56k was the best connection possible, and then DSL. Poor pathetic fools

ForumMaster

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
after we left fvcking dialup when we left america, we got broadband here in israel. i don't think that there is even dialup available in israel. broadband is so cheap that it's amazing. we pay $8 for a 1.5Mbps line.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Freakin phone company... before we bought this house, we checked the phone numbers... DSL available.
Well, after a phone call, "oh, what we meant is DSL will be available soon"
Too far from town for cable...
Phone lines suck; I've never connected above 32 on dial-up. (Which irritates me even more, since I ditched the old 33.3 modem I had laying around and purchased a new modem)
And, it's been over a year since they said DSL would be available soon... friggin phone company.

Direcway? Forget it.. I'm not paying $100 a month for what is only slightly faster than dial-up.