[Who is still in the "old gen"] ? [Who bought PS4/XONE]?

Who is still in the "old gen" ? Who bought PS4/XONE?

• Next-gen for me: PS4

• Next-gen for me: XONE

• Next-gen for me: PS4 + XONE

• This is the GOLDEN AGE for old gen-console. With my PS3 i have Tons of FREE games (PLUS)!

• This is the GOLDEN AGE for old gen-console. With my X360i have Tons of FREE games (GOLD)!

• This is the GOLDEN AGE for old gen-console. With my PS3+X360 i have Tons of FREE games (PLUS-GOLD)!

• I' m still in the old gen, but i really want a new console, i m saving for it!

• i m browsing the interwebz from my wii u and i m always in the right gen

• i don t like these options, they smells like pc gamer + ignorance on console / Trollollol !

Results are only viewable after voting.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Well, I only have a PS3 and a Wii now, I had a 360 for a few years.
But I'm getting a PS4 next month (Diablo 3 updates and Rock Band 4).

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
hey op, you do realize that you are allowed to be "in" more than 1 "gen" at a time, right?

your poll is retarded too.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I only bought an Xbox One because it came with Halo MCC plus a free game of my choice, $50 promo credit and I ended up talking them into a free copy of Unity. I also did it to spite Sony.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I only bought an Xbox One because it came with Halo MCC plus a free game of my choice, $50 promo credit and I ended up talking them into a free copy of Unity. I also did it to spite Sony.

I only bought an Xbox One because it had games I wanted to play on it.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001

You ruined your entire statement there.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
I bought neither to spite balloonshark :)

More seriously, I'm waiting for more games that I want to play. If the single-player in Crackdown 3 is good I'll probably get an X1. If Sony has enough true exclusives (not on PC) that I want to play I'll get a PS4.

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
I bought a PS4 at launch but I honestly don't play it that much. There hasn't been a lot of games that have really drawn me in. Plus the low Canadian Dollar means that new releases have become too expensive. Been thinking about selling it and using the cash for some badly needed computer upgrades.

Nov 20, 2009
Friends and I were avid players of COD MW/Bops (and before them Ubisoft SC/GR/RB6), but things went from arcade like in gameplay to Halo and now the last iterations were Call of Halo and Modern Haloware (and Black Halo).

Jet packs are just absurd, but no more so then not being able to climb on one trash can/chair/table/dumpster but you can another.

As such, we no longer play anymore and never invested in the Xbone (went from Xbox inception to 360 and then the game publishers killed it for us).

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
Where's the option for "Not enough interesting games to warrant a current gen purchase"?

IGemini

Platinum Member
Nov 5, 2010
I have a 360 and only recently finished all of the most recent games I had for it. Thoroughly enjoyed finishing all of FFXIII and Mass Effect.

There's nothing I really want on current gen now I don't already have for PC...maybe FFXV. The only MCC game I haven't played is Halo 2. And I'm waiting to see how well the XB1 BC will play out before I upgrade.

xantub

Feb 12, 2014
It's not really an on/off switch. When the PS3 came out, for a while I only played the PS2. Gradually more games came for the PS3, less for the PS2 until eventually (a few years later) I abandoned the PS2. I feel it's the same way now with the PS4/Xbone. You don't just abandon the previous generation, it's a gradual decline/incline.

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
If I get into the new consoles it will likely be PS4 whenever the inevitable redesign occurs. And Uncharted.

Nhirlathothep

Aug 23, 2014
www.youtube.com
It's not really an on/off switch. When the PS3 came out, for a while I only played the PS2. Gradually more games came for the PS3, less for the PS2 until eventually (a few years later) I abandoned the PS2. I feel it's the same way now with the PS4/Xbone. You don't just abandon the previous generation, it's a gradual decline/incline.

Multiple choice : vote ps3+ps4

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I bought a PS4 at launch but I honestly don't play it that much. There hasn't been a lot of games that have really drawn me in. Plus the low Canadian Dollar means that new releases have become too expensive. Been thinking about selling it and using the cash for some badly needed computer upgrades.

I'll buy it!
All I want a PS4 for is to play MLB the Show!

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003

This.

I've had my PS4 for a bit over a year now. And while I have a modest library of around 11 or 12 games, it's been quite an underwhelming start to the generation honestly. It didn't help that some of my biggest, most looked-forward to games, The Evil Within and Arkham Knight, were such utter disappointments.

Still, I have no regrets whatsoever. It's more or less a time investment. It's inevitable I'll own one sooner or later, and aside from a handful of holiday deals, be paying the same price for it then as I would a year or two from now. Might as well jump on board with a decent deal, get some good gaming in, and be set when the great games really start rolling.

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003
I'll buy it!
All I want a PS4 for is to play MLB the Show!

That's honestly why I bought it. And it was absolutely worth it. I've sunk so much time into that game, and still going.
Such a phenomenal gem.:thumbsup:

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
You ruined your entire statement there.
Why? I didn't do it because I'm a fanboy of either console. Heck, I had plans to eventually get a PS4. I did it because I preordered a Gran Turismo 6 by Polyphony Digital back in Dec. 2013. To this day the game remains unfinished and they don't even bother communicating with their paying customers. PD works under Sony's roof so I wanted to send a clear message to Sony that I vote with my wallet and as a paying customer I don't appreciate being ripped off.