Who is running the country?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Right about now I'd normally be making a comment about crack smoking, but don't worry - I won't.

Look, I used to live over there, don't tell me I've got my stuff wrong. If you're so educated in the matter, then by all means feel free to address what I said and prove something instead of spouting complete crap, which was incorrect, and that has nothing to do with what I said. The Baathists took control by harnessing the strong arm tactics of the Mukhaberat and by then by Sadaam forcing his uncle from power. US support didn't begin until after Sadaam was in power and tensions with Iran kicked in. So what if we helped him then? It was a different world, an entirely different political climate (Cold War was still going, no Kuwaiti Invasion, no 9/11). Is our current relationship with Germany somehow haneous and hypocritical because we've had wars with them, or because Hitler used to run the place?

Sounds like YOU need to do your homework, especially before coming in here and making yourself sound like a complete ass. This "little boy" eats judoka for breakfest I might add; spare me your older/wiser bull.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: kage69
Right about now I'd normally be making a comment about crack smoking, but don't worry - I won't.

Look, I used to live over there, don't tell me I've got my stuff wrong. If you're so educated in the matter, then by all means feel free to address what I said and prove something instead of spouting complete crap, which was incorrect, and that has nothing to do with what I said. The Baathists took control by harnessing the strong arm tactics of the Mukhaberat and by then by Sadaam forcing his uncle from power. US support didn't begin until after Sadaam was in power and tensions with Iran kicked in. So what if we helped him then? It was a different world, an entirely different political climate (Cold War was still going, no Kuwaiti Invasion, no 9/11). Is our current relationship with Germany somehow haneous and hypocritical because we've had wars with them, or because Hitler used to run the place?

Sounds like YOU need to do your homework, especially before coming in here and making yourself sound like a complete ass. This "little boy" eats judoka for breakfest I might add; spare me your older/wiser bull.
What's judoka ?

rickn

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Originally posted by: Tripleshot
It sure as heck ain't Bush. He's not smart enough.

you nailed that one on the head. he's surrounded himself by very smart people though. I've said it before, Cheney is the true President of the USA. Who's the one that always goes into hiding? Cheney

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Student of judo = judoka

Student of aikido = aikidoka

Heh...

Student of tae kwon do = hospital patient

Ferocious

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2000
Why corporate America of course.

Though the upper class has quite a bit of say as well.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Jack runs the country. And speaking of Jack, I have none in my wallet and and better hit the ATM before lunch.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Hahahaha, what's next? You gonna start posting excerpts and links from pravda or something? Your choice in supporting material is dubious to say the least; next time try using a story from a source that doesn't compromise it's own integrity by being so blatantly biased.

I've heard a number of storylines on Sadaam's early days in Iraq, some revolving around American conspiracies, others blaming all the bloodshed on the Iraqi social structure at the time (combined with everyone having guns) I firmly believe the CIA was funneling in weapons and training to ALL parts of the world who were against the communists. The Eastern block reciprocated in kind as well.
But you know what? I digress. Allow me to say it again: your original reply has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted. What is your point? I make some sarcastic comments (based on actual events) and you counter with "Ahaa! But he used to be our friend! We helped him, so there!!"

Yeah? AND?!?! Somehow an article from an Arab with a strong anti-American streak is supposed to explain everything???

Believe what you want, I couldn't really care less - at least I'm not the one disregarding a psychopath who exterminated over a million of his own people, and that's saying nothing of the Iranians, Kurds, and Kuwaitis he stuck in the hole as well.

Ugh, wow - we really got away from who's running the country, sorry admin(s)!!!!

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
You STILL haven't answered my question. And you know what, you can't. You jumped in here because you took exception to what I said, threw some crap around, and now think that somehow it proves a point. Are you really that dim, or are you just maybe experiencing a really prolonged senior moment? To draw attention away from this, you're now calling me a rascist. Here's another question you won't have the balls to fess up to: why do you think I'm a rascist? Because I don't share your views? Just please go ahead and quote whatever it was that I said that somehow marks me as a rascist.
And quit talking like you've presented some facts. The Anti-American tripe on muslimworldnews is not fact, it's propaganda that aims for smallminded, ill informed individuals such as yourself. I've heard more cohesive and poignant remarks from a 12 year old. Go ahead and read everything I've written again and think about it for awhile - maybe your head will come out of you ass and you'll post something pertinent. Is this what you always do when someone asks you for something else besides bull? Resort to trying to change the topic, and then pull a race card? Pathetic. I expect more from someone who obviously isn't some 14yr geek using his mom's Dell.