who is buying MOH?

HybridSquirrel

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2005
Just curious who is buying it for the PC....I haven't decided if I want to yet. I might save up for blackops....I played the beta and was severely meh'd. Its too easy for MP

TheUnk

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2005
Just curious who is buying it for the PC....I haven't decided if I want to yet. I might save up for blackops....I played the beta and was severely meh'd. Its too easy for MP

Hope you feel better soon. Getting severely "meh'd" sounds bad.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Definitely not getting it. There's many problems to it but the biggest one for me is that it's too damn easy to kill everyone. The rifles have almost no recoil.

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000
already paid for it. can't wait for it to unlock. of course that means i have to stop playing just cause 2 and borderlands, but sometimes you have to take one for the team.

CurseTheSky

Diamond Member
Oct 21, 2006
Probably not, unless it has something really unique and compelling about it. At the moment, I don't really need another FPS to waste time in.

guskline

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2006
Mine's due in tomorrow. I had a $25 discount from EA so I pre-ordered quite sometime ago. Sounds like COD will be the big seller.

HybridSquirrel

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2005
Mine's due in tomorrow. I had a $25 discount from EA so I pre-ordered quite sometime ago. Sounds like COD will be the big seller.

cod is usually the biggest seller...i think the game was good...but im positive the beta ruined it for people. those small maps were a fragfest

Zargon

Lifer
Nov 3, 2009
still on the fence. really want to try out the SP, but not for 60 bucks. dont need more MP

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
I tried a MoH (demo) install from two different sources, including steam. When I join a match, the screen acts as though I'm moving my mouse around a thousand miles an hour and I cannot recognize anything but the HUD for more than a split second before I'm looking some other direction.

Fuck it, I'm not paying for that shit.

HybridSquirrel

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2005
still on the fence. really want to try out the SP, but not for 60 bucks. dont need more MP

i really want to try the single player....multiplayer not so much. companies should sell just the single player portions of games for half the price.

Generator

Mar 4, 2005
First real shooter that captivated me was Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. Had leans, grenades, shottys, smgs, etc. I got pretty damn good at the game.

Hoping to have that same experience I tried the MoH beta on Steam. Either it was rust or I suck but it was just a clusterfuck. Had to level up against rank 7 soldiers as a level 1. Honestly don't know why there is even a shot gun in the game because all the automatic weapons are absurdly deadly with no recoil. Every weapon has unbelievable range with a tight bullet spray.

Game does play smooth and fighting on mountains is refreshing. Playing as the Taliban is pretty fucked up, but dropping a hatchet in someone necks is gratifying. Realistic or not I think the weapons needs to be toned down severely. It just wasn't fun.

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000
I tried a MoH (demo) install from two different sources, including steam. When I join a match, the screen acts as though I'm moving my mouse around a thousand miles an hour and I cannot recognize anything but the HUD for more than a split second before I'm looking some other direction.

Fuck it, I'm not paying for that shit.

that sounds like a problem with your machine.

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
Steam, I love you and all, but it's been release day for many hours now. How about you unlock the game so I can begin downloading at an extremely slow rate because there was no preload, and then I can play the game sometime in 3 days.

tokie

Golden Member
Jun 1, 2006
The next FPS I buy will either be Rage or Duke Nukem Forever. I haven't seen anything else coming before then that would compel me to make a purchase.

dpodblood

Diamond Member
May 20, 2010
Just watched the review on gametrailers.com and it sounds pretty mediocre. I really don't understand why they gave it a rating of 8/10 considering all the criticism's they gave it...

The cliffs:
-Campaign 4-5 hours long
-No cohesive story
-Nothing innovative
-No challenge/dumb AI
-Weapons have no recoil
-Only 4 modes in multiplayer
-Small maps

This was on my to buy list, but now I think I'll wait till it comes on sale for $20 or whatever.

GullyFoyle

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2000
Just watched the review on gametrailers.com and it sounds pretty mediocre. I really don't understand why they gave it a rating of 8/10 considering all the criticism's they gave it...

The cliffs:
-Campaign 4-5 hours long
-No cohesive story
-Nothing innovative
-No challenge/dumb AI
-Weapons have no recoil
-Only 4 modes in multiplayer
-Small maps

This was on my to buy list, but now I think I'll wait till it comes on sale for $20 or whatever.

GT review on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFggMsy8bBA

edit: Damn, taken down. Here's the original: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-medal-of/705962

Last edited: