Who is Bruce Campbell?

Encryptic

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
He starred in the Evil Dead movies and Army of Darkness and is friends with the director, Sam Raimi. Sam Raimi also directed the Spider-Man movies.

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
He's a horrible actor who's in some pretty cool movies. I love Evil Dead, 2, Army of Darkness, but god he really does suck at acting. :p

yukichigai

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2003
Bruce Campell is a longtime friend of Sam Raimi, director of the two Spiderman Movies. Raimi directed, among other things, the entire Evil Dead series, the first Darkman movie and produced the Hercules and Xena TV shows. Except for The Quick and the Dead, Bruce Campbell has appeared in every film Sam Raimi directed. He shares that record with a 1978 Oldsmobile, (different individual cars, exact same make and model) which was Sam Raimi's first car.

In the first Spiderman movie Bruce Campbell played the ring announcer who gave Spiderman his name. ('cause he thought "The Human Spider" sucked) Not a shabby role at all.

Yaotl

Jul 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Fingolfin269
He's a horrible actor who's in some pretty cool movies. I love Evil Dead, 2, Army of Darkness, but god he really does suck at acting. :p

i think he's a pretty damn good actor

yukichigai

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2003
P.S. Go pick up "If Chins Could Kill", Bruce Campbell's Autobiography, so that incidents like this where all of ATOT is questing for your blood don't happen again.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
His acting as 70-something Elvis in Bubba Ho-Tep was quite good.

As was his portrayal of "the heel" in Crimewave :)

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
You stupid, sad little bastard. Bruce Campbell is God.

Well in the Spiderman vein, Bruce Campbell was the announcer at the wrestling ring where Peter Parker first entered the public eye to display his talents. When Bruce asked Peter what stage name to announce for him, he whispered, "The Human Spider." Bruce said something along the lines of, "That's a sh*tty-ass name." and announced him instead as 'Spider-Man'.

In effect, Bruce was the one who coined Spidey's name. At least in the movies.