"Who is America?" - GOP says give toddlers guns

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Yes, we know Sascha Baron Cohen likes to stage a setup to con politicians. This is as close to fake news as it gets. Yet, these guys all willingly got conned. No different than Project Veritas. They said what they said. And anything they said will be used against them in an election year.

Joe Wilson & Dana Rohrabacher: Lets start the KinderGuardians program! Trent Lott and Joe Wilson agree! At least Matt Gaetz didn't get duped.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/sacha...men-bernie-sanders-in-who-is-america-premiere

There was a video preview of the segment, but looks like someone just got a takedown request.

Edit: found Twitter link to video--"from First Graders to First Grenaders!" LOL!!!:
https://twitter.com/funnykeithlyle/status/1018376736004689920?s=21

Last edited:

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Just signed up for Showtime for this show. First episode airs tonight. It's free for 30 days FYI, direct through Showtime

Nov 25, 2013
Yes, we know Sascha Baron Cohen likes to stage a setup to con politicians. This is as close to fake news as it gets. Yet, these guys all willingly got conned. No different than Project Veritas. They said what they said. And anything they said will be used against them in an election year.

Joe Wilson & Dana Rohrabacher: Lets start the KinderGuardians program! Trent Lott and Joe Wilson agree! At least Matt Gaetz didn't get duped.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/sacha...men-bernie-sanders-in-who-is-america-premiere

There was a video preview of the segment, but looks like someone just got a takedown request.

Edit: found Twitter link to video--"from First Graders to First Grenaders!" LOL!!!:
https://twitter.com/funnykeithlyle/status/1018376736004689920?s=21

Re bolded, not even close. He's an artist playing at different roles for entertainment (and, maybe, educational) purposes. That's it. No "fake news" to be found.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Re bolded, not even close. He's an artist playing at different roles for entertainment (and, maybe, educational) purposes. That's it. No "fake news" to be found.

I get that, and I'd say he's still way more credible than the PV numbnuts. But I wouldn't take anything portrayed in the show as absolute truth (haven't watched an entire episode yet so my opinion may change.) SBC plays the set pieces to get the particular result he's going after.

In the KinderGuardians example, the takeaway isn't that these Republicans actually believe in arming toddlers as a core belief. Rather, the takeaway is that many of our "establishment" politicians don't believe in anything other than getting reelected. They are not looking out for your interests, nor do they share your beliefs (unless you can get them millions.) They will literally say anything on camera for money.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
I get that, and I'd say he's still way more credible than the PV numbnuts. But I wouldn't take anything portrayed in the show as absolute truth (haven't watched an entire episode yet so my opinion may change.) SBC plays the set pieces to get the particular result he's going after.

In the KinderGuardians example, the takeaway isn't that these Republicans actually believe in arming toddlers as a core belief. Rather, the takeaway is that many of our "establishment" politicians don't believe in anything other than getting reelected. They are not looking out for your interests, nor do they share your beliefs (unless you can get them millions.) They will literally say anything on camera for money.

Does it matter whether they believe in arming toddlers and/or they'll literally say anything for money?

I'm curious what the gun advocates' talking points will be with regard to suggesting that such people still have any credibility.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

What I take from it is that conservative politics are almost 100% identity politics and they have almost nothing to do with actual policy preferences. I doubt many (any?) of those people actually think giving five year olds a gun is a good idea, they are just compelled by identity politics to never criticize or stand against expanded gun use or gun ownership. Maybe if they had some time to think about it they would but in the moment they will always default to the pro-gun position.