Who here wants to beat up that Verizon "You hear me now? ....Goood" guy?

Pennstate

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
These commercials are driving me insane! It's on every 5 mins. And it's so damn stupid!!! I can't believe people get paid to come up with such stupid commercials.

<---------just venting

Desslok

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2001
Forget that guy. I want to slug their billing department head. I just moved and I gave them plenty of notice(4 weeks) and yet they still can't get the bill to me on time!!! ARGH!

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: AMDTechGeek
Forget that guy. I want to slug their billing department head. I just moved and I gave them plenty of notice(4 weeks) and yet they still can't get the bill to me on time!!! ARGH!

Try Dell. took them six months. I called three times, wrote the new address on the invoice six times.

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: pyonir
Originally posted by: AMDTechGeek

Try Dell. took them six months. I called three times, wrote the new address on the invoice six times.

YOu have to realize that regardless of the field or company, anyone who deals with receiving mail automatically suffers from mild-to-severe cognitive deficiency or crippling work-related ennui. Processing your insignificant address forwarding couldn't be farther from their minds.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I like steve from dell cause he's such a little bastard for some reason I find him funny.

I'd like to see the verizon guy and jared fight to the death. The winner is then fed to aligators. Yes, I'm aware that it's a lose-lose for them. Just how it should be.

milagro

Golden Member
Jun 19, 2001
You really wanna feel sick? That verizon guy makes about $190,000 for each commercial he shoots.

SWirth86

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Pennstate
These commercials are driving me insane! It's on every 5 mins. And it's so damn stupid!!! I can't believe people get paid to come up with such stupid commercials.

<---------just venting

These commercials aren't stupid in an advertising sense......They worked because you know what Verizon Wireless is now. Commercials are only successful if the consumer remembers what the advertisement was for. Since you remember what the product is, the people who came up with that commercial deserve to be paid large sums of money:)

philmacrevis

Feb 20, 2002
Originally posted by: Skoorb
I like steve from dell cause he's such a little bastard for some reason I find him funny.

I'd like to see the verizon guy and jared fight to the death. The winner is then fed to aligators. Yes, I'm aware that it's a lose-lose for them. Just how it should be.

I would like to see those two in a fight.

Verizon Guy: Can you hear me now?
Dell Dude: Dude, your getting a dell.
Dell Dude: Dude, your getting an arse kicking.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: philmacrevis
Originally posted by: Skoorb

I would like to see those two in a fight.

Dell Dude: Dude, your getting an arse kicking.

Good one!

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
That would be cool if someone said no, just like the real verizon service.

Can you hear me now?
*static*
Memmemamt?
Can you hear me now?
*signal faded*

:)

Pennstate

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
Verizon guy: Can you hear me now?
Me: yes
Verizon guy: goo..*POW*. Ouch, why did you punch me.
Me: You said "can I hurt you now"

;)