Who here wants a brand new Radeon 9700 Pro retail for $320!!!

Rick67

Oct 11, 2001
If you want to take advantage of this awesome deal, you had better head over to gamestop.com now!! They've got 20% off computer accessories which brings the price down to $320!! Of course it's going to cost a little more with shipping but still one hell of a deal!! Also, their site says it ships in 24 hours!!

gururu

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
OK.... I just bought one.

total (2-day delivery): 332.23

let's see if this is for real...

:D

klah

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2002
Hopefully it won't turn into the bestbuy deal from last year ;) . I put some fake info in the first page and the next page sure enough took 20%($80) off, shipping is $11.24. Total $331.23.

edit: well it looks like this guy went through with it, keep us updated.

mike9390

Mar 23, 2002
Got mine.:D I've been over a Rage3D and this is the huge news over there. Someone called Gamestop and they said they had 250 9700 Pros in stock. One sales guy even said he had one in his hand because he wanted to make sure they were in.

I got 2 day shipping should of spent the extra $2 bucks and got 1 day.

Mike

Wolfsraider

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro AGP Video Card
Price: $399.99 Platform: PC
Availability: Back Ordered ESRB:

:(

Rick67

Oct 11, 2001
It's still a good deal if you don't mind waiting until they get more in stock.

WyteWatt

Banned
Jun 8, 2001
Well not everyone can get a good deal all the time. Thats just the way it goes. If your slow and not fast you can't help that.

Killrose

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 1999
Hold out as long as you can. These things will just keep getting cheaper. But it will take NV30 to get them to drop much below the $250-275 mark, IMO.

Wolfsraider

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
no harm meant all is good i am bookmarked on the aiw 9700 coming in christmas
just thought i'd include that to save a few clicks sorry if i offended any one:(

<-----must resist temptation to buy early

<-----my aiw partner was just watching out for me.they bought them all just to keep me straight;)

lol

mike

Cuular

Aug 2, 2001
I had ordered from them, but then they pulled some weird stuff about calling the bank of my credit card to verify the home address and phone number of the person using the card. My bank per it's rules of not giving out information about customers, refused to give them the info. So they send me email saying I had to fax them a copy of my last credit card statement so they could verify the name and address and phone number. I refused to do that, and cancelled my order by default because of it.

It's rediculous to try and get people to fax you their latest credit card statement. It's none of a vendors business. If you give them your name, credit card number and expiration date, that is all they need. Either the charge takes or it doesn't.

One less 9700Pro ordered, and my money goes elsewhere. <shrug>

jiffylube1024

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: gwlam12
maybe they wanted to verify your address to prevent credit card fraud

I agree, this was probably their intention, and I commend them for it. However, faxing a whole CC statement is totally ridiculous, they have no right to have this information. They should figure out another way to verify your home address!

cdub

May 31, 2002
Originally posted by: gwlam12
maybe they wanted to verify your address to prevent credit card fraud

That seems obvious but that is not the way to do it! There are plenty of ways for online vendors to protect themselves from cc fraud. I had to research this stuff not too long ago for my own company.

Cuular

Aug 2, 2001
Irregardless of the reason, to ask for a faxed copy of a credit card statement goes beyond verification purposes. In the past people have called the phone number I gave them to verify the information. Like I said above, all it takes is for them to try and run the charge. If the address is incorrect the credit card company will refuse it.

<shrugs>

I now have a new 9700Pro in hand. Went out at lunch and bought one. It cost a bit more, but I walked away with it, and I can return it if a problem arises a lot easier.