Who here remembers the infamous GUTB

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Cougarmadcat

Jan 13, 2000
Originally posted by: Sunner
Hey Coug, that avatar has your name written all over it, you should steal it and put it in your sig :)

Pretty darn close isn't it? Just a snip off the white section and a small black band around the muzzle and it's a cougar instead of a small wildcat ;)

<--- Brings Sunner a beer and sits down with a huge mug of tea then toasts with Sunner --->

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
Damn, I feel so young.

<-- doesn't remember any of these people

Well, I do remember the banning of Jerboy. He (supposedly - I never saw it directly, but was here when it happened, and heard the story from others) made some very inappropriate comments in a thread started by a guy who's wife recently had a baby (or was going to have a baby soon, can't remember exactly). My opinion is that it was a good riddance, anyway (thanks Mods!).

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Holy guacamole! I log back on, and I find a whole lot of names I know, and a lot more posts. It'll take me awhile to catch up.

Hi, all. :)

hzl eyed grl

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
Originally posted by: Johnlee
Yeah, Ornery!...Do you, by any chance, have that Legion overclocking rant???
DUH! Everyone knows that Ornery is the King of the Archives! :p ;)

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Sorry for bumping this, but.....

I went to Ars today and read a thread about RAMBUS's recent legal woes and who do I see defending RAMBUS?

SSP

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Sunner
Originally posted by: Buck_Naked
Wasn't Modus most well known for his support of Winmodems vs. Hardware modems? I think I remember him and Red Dawn having a rather long winded debate on the subject... Not that Red Dawn would ever be part of such a thing... :)

Remember the 'is suck' as well, probably the longest running 'anandtech speak' term of all time.... it became annoying as hell, but still not as bad as 'all your base are belong to us'....

and the Hitachi monitor/buy.com fiasco..... coining such phrases as 'wounded monitor children' and talking of driving down I-5 and storming the walls of buy.com.... heh... hate to admit I was in the middle of that one....

Dave

Yeah that was Modus alright, damn I remember him going on and on about those Winmodems :D

Haha... I remember those threads. :D

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I ofter wonder what happened to old SorleyBoy. He disappeared shortly after I pounded his ass about his anti homosexual bias. Hehe.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
I ofter wonder what happened to old SorleyBoy. He disappeared shortly after I pounded his ass about his anti homosexual bias. Hehe.

Hehehe, somehow this post coupled with that clown avatar is disturbing Moonie:)

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

You are hereby sentenced to no less than 10 years in Federal Pound-Me-In-The-Ass Prison.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You are cute, Triumph, but I make life time commitments. You'll have to find somebody to pound you in the ass for a mere ten years. Sorry. :D I wonder if that's where he got the 'Sorley'. That would make one sore.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
You are cute, Triumph, but I make life time commitments. You'll have to find somebody to pound you in the ass for a mere ten years. Sorry. :D I wonder if that's where he got the 'Sorley'. That would make one sore.

I'm snickering here, I mean you're pounding one of my all time favorite people... not:)

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Dang, Geekbabe, that was so long ago I was sure I was the only one alive who remembered him.

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Geekbabe
LOL, I maybe shouldn't ask but did you mean Sorley or Triumph here? Gossip gossip. :D

Sorley of course :p

:(

Anyway, I didn't even recognize myself as quoting Moonbeam because of these new avatars. Bring back the mushroom!

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Triumph, no need for the sad face. Geekbabe said the jerk was Sorley boy, not you. Course she didn't SAY he was a jerk, but you know....not a favorite.

I just saw one of my posts to him that I did in Word on an old backup disk. Jan? 2000. Before you know it I'll be thirteen. :D

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Triumph, no need for the sad face. Geekbabe said the jerk was Sorley boy, not you. Course she didn't SAY he was a jerk, but you know....not a favorite.

I just saw one of my posts to him that I did in Word on an old backup disk. Jan? 2000. Before you know it I'll be thirteen. :D
I see, my mind passed up the "not" part.