Who here remembers the infamous GUTB

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Johnlee

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
He was pretty damn funny. Didn't read through his verbose rants but I loved when he used to fight with H8tank. Now THAT was entertainment.

Farbio

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2000
adul, get it right, we need a nekkid thread, not a naked thread....it wouldn't work if it were a naked thread:)

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: Johnlee
He was pretty damn funny. Didn't read through his verbose rants but I loved when he used to fight with H8tank. Now THAT was entertainment.

LOL, yeah that was funny, what made it really good was how many great keyboard warriors we'd get posting in one thread:)

js1973

Dec 8, 2000
Wow. I didn't realize there were so many active members that joined in 1999. I take it most of you don't usually post in OT?

Johnlee

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
How bout Harvey fighting with H8? Oh momma.

And Netopia
And Rio Rebel YEAH!

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
No one has mentioned what may have been the original troll? (troll in the FS/FT sense)

The one, the thankfully only Nick Caputo.

MrLondon

Banned
Sep 22, 2002
It was nEoTeChMaN that posted the real picture of GUTB.

nEoTeChMaN vs Russ was entertaining.

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: js1973
Wow. I didn't realize there were so many active members that joined in 1999. I take it most of you don't usually post in OT?

I pretty much ONLY post here. Kinda got out of the hardware hobby.

What about Paulson? He used to be the puppy that everyone kicked, but he would never leave your heels. I think he's an elite member now or something, although he never posts in OT.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Johnlee
How bout Harvey fighting with H8? Oh momma.

And Netopia
And Rio Rebel YEAH!
Hey! I resemble that remark, except that I don't remember fighting with Rio, and Net and I became good friends. :)

Speaking of long time legends, how ya been, Johnlee? :D

Paulson

Elite Member
Feb 27, 2001
www.ifixidevices.com
Originally posted by: Triumph
Originally posted by: js1973

I pretty much ONLY post here. Kinda got out of the hardware hobby.

What about Paulson? He used to be the puppy that everyone kicked, but he would never leave your heels. I think he's an elite member now or something, although he never posts in OT.
How did I know somebody was going to bring me up...lol :)

Yeah, the beginning of my career at anandtech started with a banning of the username "paulsonator", to which I spammed and said AGN was superior to anandtech and that this place sucked...

after AGN went under, I came here, was an attention whore pretty much, got into a lot of arguments, got banned 3 or 4 times, had my account deleted, came back, got my account re-created, behaved, and somehow got elected as elite (wtf?) and then I'm here...

I don't post as much because I don't find things quite as entertaining nore fun as they once used to be...

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: KevinH
Not sure if he is on there anymore but he was trolling around the FiringSquad boards awhile back too. I remember him from my lurking days here.

Thats where I mainly remember him, but I also remember him from AT from my days as a lurker (had AOL back then, so I was SOL)

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
This is what became of our user gallery. Don't really know what happened with that, but many of the people mentioned in this thread used to have their pictures there.

Macro2

Diamond Member
May 20, 2000
GUTB was definitely an Intel Employee. i remember some thinking FKloster is GUTB.

BuckNaked

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I remember most of the names mentioned, and a few postings from both of the GUTB's.... But for some reason FKloster sticks out most in my mind with the RDRAM thread when it was so outrageously expensive.... that was one of the few threads that ever got my blood pressure up... :)

I had forgotten about the picture gallery, surprised my picture was still floating around....

Dave

jaydee

Diamond Member
May 6, 2000
Originally posted by: fatbaby
how about

locutus of board
goldenguppy
happykitten
nateholtrop

???

Nate was banned for something stupid. I used to talk to him on aim once in awhile (I was in on a fantasy baseball league with him), he's doing well last I heard.

SnapIT

Banned
Jul 8, 2002
I like johnlee (i dunno why but it seems like the thing to do)....

Yeah, but i think he id uuglee.. that way we can sell him...

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Buck_Naked
I remember most of the names mentioned, and a few postings from both of the GUTB's.... But for some reason FKloster sticks out most in my mind with the RDRAM thread when it was so outrageously expensive.... that was one of the few threads that ever got my blood pressure up... :)

I had forgotten about the picture gallery, surprised my picture was still floating around....

Dave

That was hilarious. The kid had his parents spend something like 800 bucks on a 128 meg stick, and he was trying to justify it in every thread possible! There was no convincing him of his bad decision.