Who here owns a sony clie?

Xzaver

Golden Member
Dec 1, 1999
I was just curiouse because this thing is catching my eye <<<<

Is it any good? , what is it's strong points / weak points ., Does it have Infra Red ?

EDIT: does it have sound ?

Regards,
-Xzaver

64bitloopy

Banned
Oct 11, 2000
The Clie has standard palm sound. blip blip blip, has a neato jog dial that really isn't very useful, but is kind of cool.
The nicest thing is the fact it uses memory stick, so you can go and get bigger memory sticks and carry info back and forth to use. Unfortunately, unlike the flash module the handspring uses, you can not run programs directly from the memory stick, but the transfer rate is fast enough that it doesn't matter. If you were looking at the palm Vx, then the clie is a better choice. But, the argument goes, for 100 more, you could always get an ipaq.

the sony is awesome as a palm os system, stylish, and a good platform.
i guess if your willing to pay for it, it's a great thing. They just lowered the price too, and that is a good thing.:)

64bitloopy

Banned
Oct 11, 2000
I disagree, Pen Computing found favorably for it. The only point is the price. But with Visor releasing their two overly priced new visors, it's a toss up.

dcdomain

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2000
Yeh... I waited half a year for that thing to come out... and decided not to get it. The photos look a lot better than it does in person. Have you seen it in person? Those two side rails are plastic. Very light, and feels cheap to me. Anyhow, if you do get a PDA... go for it.. but before doing so, ask yourself whether or not you really need a $330-$400 pda... my friend convinced me that I didn't need one. So he ended up saving me $400.