Who here loves a good yard sale ?

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
scored a brand new,still in sealed box Krups cofffee/expresso maker for $10, also scored several items of clothing new with tags, got a bike pak and a messenger bag also brand new, a lovely tall black vase.. total of all the day's purchases $22 :D

myjaja

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2005
Originally posted by: Geekbabe
scored a brand new,still in sealed box Krups cofffee/expresso maker for $10, also scored several items of clothing new with tags, got a bike pak and a messenger bag also brand new, a lovely tall black vase.. total of all the day's purchases $22 :D

:cookie:

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
I'm going to have one next week. Well, my wife is. I see it as a waste of time when I can just take it to a Salvation Army, get a deduction sheet, and claim the max for each item off my taxes. You make like 4x more money that way.

madeupfacts

Apr 29, 2006
everytime I goto a yard sale and offer to buy the yard, my offer get rejected. Then I'm like WTF what kind of yard sale does not sale yards?

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Originally posted by: madeupfacts
everytime I goto a yard sale and offer to buy the yard, my offer get rejected. Then I'm like WTF what kind of yard sale does not sale yards?

*crickets*

compnovice

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2005
Originally posted by: madeupfacts

:D

Jun 4, 2005
Originally posted by: Geekbabe
Originally posted by: LoKe
I bought a 17" CRT + Keyboard + Mouse + Printer for $15. :eek:

what brands were they ? what condition?

Can't tell you much about 'em. The CRT actually says "Low Radiation" on it, :eek:, but it works great (colour!). I think it's a View Sonic, I'd have to check later. The keyboard is one of those old-school white Dell's, but it works. The mouse is generic, and the printer is a POS (I think it's falling apart). We only needed the monitor for the other computer, but the person gave us the rest with it. All cables included.

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
I one bought a mint 1911 for 250 and sold it for 1100 and enough parts in a box to build another that I traded for a brand new model 19.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
I love going to yard/garage sales. And, auctions can be just as rewarding. It's amazing the things that you didn't need that you suddenly find an incredible hole in your life without. And, for just a few bucks, you can plug those holes. :)

I must have 5 or 6 sets of golf clubs that I've purchased from yard sales... The most I ever paid for a set is $5. I go golfing with friends... hit a bad shot, snap my club in half. Same look on their faces every time... priceless - well worth the 50 cents for the club. One of these days, I'm going to break every club in half before the last hole, and use my putter for the entire hole... that'll keep them wondering about my sanity for a long time.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
By the time I get there, everything's taken by the mexicans and trailor trash.