Who hates math?

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Moderator<br>A/V & Home Theater<br>Elite member
Aug 6, 2001
Just so you guys don't get me wrong, I have nothing against math (I'm going into engineering next year). I'm just fed up with this calculus sheet.

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Moderator<br>A/V & Home Theater<br>Elite member
Aug 6, 2001
TTT (it took me so long to finish this it was on the second page when I posted it)

Burnt

Platinum Member
Mar 20, 2001
I don't like math. Calculus, Vector Geometry, Differential equations, multivariable calculus, you name it.

Atrail

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
I don't hate math at all.
I am just no good at it, besides the bascis and geomerty that is.:|

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
math can be fun -- through calculus it's memorize and repeat which can be boring, but after that you get to the proofs classes which are more a test of your formal logic skills. It just wasn't as much fun (for me) as computer science. I think I'd have liked continuing on the applied math track almost as much as CS, since the numerical analysis classes and operations research classes that I took were all pretty enjoyable.

WhiteWonder

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
the only time i'm going to use math is when i am counting how many bullet wounds i have, when i die (2011)

rival

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2001
i like math, seeing a problem, and figuring out is damn cool to me...the way math works and all the whackjob formulas used to figure anything out...stuff i usually do is related to the electrical field, and its f'n cool how you can figure out amps, resistance, voltage, reactance etc by punchin numbers in a calculator or using a meter...

i always said to myself in hs that ill never need to use any of this crap (algebra, trig) and i find myself doing hw tonight...trig...go figure...its fun though

zeon

Mar 20, 2001
oh sweet jezus i loathe math... and i'm only in HS... i'm sorry if my aptitudes lie elsewhere, i just can't find the interest neccessary to appreciate it...

agnitrate

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
Anybody that tells you they hate math (up to calculus) just plain doesn't understand it. I think I've learned the most in calculus where you finally start to realize HOW all the formulas you've memorized over the years actually work and how they are related.

If you don't like math, that's okay. I will hopefully get paid lots of $ to do it for all of you who hate it :)

silver

Jerboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2001
I love math, what are you talking about? :D:):D:):D

Who hates literature/language arts/English?
I got nothing done in class today other than admiring two hot guys on either sides of me and sipping on my soda.

I was exposed to full blown boredom for years. The Crucible, Macbeth, stupid poems, Malcolm X and other brain rotting literature crap.

Essays=suck :frown::(:|:disgust:

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
If you are going into engineering you better get used to the Calculus you will be using it all the time.

I personally love math, even though some of it can be a pain in the ass. Example: Arc length without using any calculater (finally got that figured out, though).

GermyBoy

Banned
Jun 5, 2001
Math is the basis for everything. How can you hate has the potential to explain all?

No, the Bible doesn't expalin all, so don't give me that stuff.

Math will eventually explain EVERYTHING, including the Bible.

Jerboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2001
Anyone here who likes math, but also heavily into liberal arts stuff?

People tend to be one way or the other and not both.