Who has ordered from pretestedcpus.com?

XBoxLPU

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2001
I sent my order for an Unlocked XP2000+ yesterday and still have not received an invoice.

Wondering on when I should get an e-mail so I can send payment..

THUGSROOK

Elite Member
Feb 3, 2001
ouch Duff!
i would never buy a pretested or even a OEM CPU.

(unless you were buyin it from me) ;)

Duvie

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2001
Hey...

was it pretested to oc at any certain speed or just the fact they unlocked t for you the main thing????

I thought you had a Intel p4 1.6 or1.8 chip??? You think your xp 2000+ will oc enough to compare with it??? I couldn't think of what athlon xp it would take to pass my 1.6@2.67...let alone the fact I have only been running at 1.66v and have plenty of room to push this beast to 2.8ghz....

I guess if you take that thing and drop multiplier and run up fsb to 166 and run good 333mhz ddr you could get some good performance....But unlikely you will get much above 2300+ levels with air cooling alone and decent vcore

XBoxLPU

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2001
Yes, buying unlocked.. so can raise the FSB and drop the multiplier.

But this thread is not to convince me not to buy an AMD. My mind has been made up. I just want to know about the site.

Duvie

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2001
haven't heard of them when ppl have had threads asking for sites that sell unlocked chips....

If you don't hear from them go over and try the for sale forum....Unless you are trying to get a newer stepping ...Are they selling a specific stepping as well?? Agoia or Aroia??

Wont try to convince that it is a mistake!!! Must of not had much luck with the p4 overclock!!!:(

psykik

Jan 13, 2001
I have used the services of Mike at Pretestedcpus before and found him reliable and useful. He replied to my emails almost the same day. When the processor I bought from him for $180 it didnt o/c as he advertised, I sent it back and he gave me a refund, albeit less $80 as it was outside his 14 day period for exchanges, and the larger loss reflected his restocking fee. Note he didnt have to give me anything for it but he did. I then went to newegg and just bought the same processor for $120 and it overclocked more than what Prestested Cpus advertised and at a lower voltage.

Points of note:

1) Mike is undoubtedly a nice guy.
2) You might be better off going to newegg and just trying your luck.
3) Id probably NEVER get a pretested cpu again, Ive used Step-thermodynamics and OCZ before and lost money on both.
4) You might be better off buying a newegg processor and putting the shipping address to Mike's cos for just another $10 he will unlock it for you. If I were you, thats what Id do.

Best of Luck to you!

:)

XBoxLPU

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2001
http://www.cpumods.com/

I finally found another site ^ . The XP2000+ was $143 + $30 for unlocking + $5 shipped. Not bad at all. Considering pretestedcpus.com sold it $169 plus shipping.

And the guy BOUGHT from newegg, unlocking it and sending it to me. So It should work just fine.

:cool: