Who has a good Bagless Vacuum?

UF Jspec

Oct 15, 1999
I am in the market for a good bagless vacuum.

Anyone have any good / bad experiences? Also, where did you buy it and for how much?

I am looking to spend around $200. Thanks in advance.

- UF Jspec

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
i think last months consumer reports did a thing on vacs. check it out, big differences. u can't just tell by price either. funky sh*t. u can find em at the library.

bagless isn't al that great.

Mutilator

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2000
Hoover WindTunnel V2 :)
Sears Item #02032890000
$259
No bag, no belt, no dust, 2 motors. I'm glad I bought it.

Maverick

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
blue one from target that I paid $99 for. Works great. Dirt Devil featherlight Vision.

kyutip

Golden Member
Jul 24, 2000
Whatever it is, it better be Hoover.
THe V2 is nice or you can get the previous version Hoover WindTunnel Self Propelled Bagles.

UF Jspec

Oct 15, 1999
Originally posted by: kyutip
Whatever it is, it better be Hoover.
THe V2 is nice or you can get the previous version Hoover WindTunnel Self Propelled Bagles.

I thought about getting the Hoover WindTunnel Self Propelled Bagles from Best Buy for $200. Is it worth the extra $$ for the V2?

Mutilator

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2000
I like my V2 because it has 2 motors... one for the brushes and 1 for the suction. Also no belts to break. Be warned though... the first time I used it I pushed it along infront of my closet door and it sucked up a shoelace and when I opened up the door the shoe was folded in 1/2. That's power! :D
I don't know that I'd ever get a self propelled vacuum... seems like there's too much to break and when/if it does it'd probably be a PITA to push manually.

Oakenfold

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: acidvoodoo
does a dyson count

Second that one, it's a bit out of your price range though.
I never thought a vacuum would ever be worth 400.00, my Dyson sure is.
It's awesome, the retractable hose thingy looks like a lightsaber too!

Bought mine @ BB..

blahblah99

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 2000
I have the eureka bagless hepa vacuum cleaner. Its like $159 and it works wonders. Quiet too.

UF Jspec

Oct 15, 1999
Originally posted by: jjsole
what's so special about a "bagless" vacuum?

I think seeing the gunk that I am picking up will motivate me to vacuum more than I presently do.

amdskip

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001
Bagless are junk IMHO and also by consumer reports. Get a Hoover, dirt devils aren't very good. We don't get hardly any hoovers back at all at work (walmart).

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: agnitrate
No bags to buy and much easier to clean up after. -silver
Originally posted by: UF Jspec
I think seeing the gunk that I am picking up will motivate me to vacuum more than I presently do.

I'd hope there's more to it than that. You only change vacuum bags every couple months at most, and getting all that dust and stuff in a self contained bag is a plus imo and not a minus. I don't want to see that disgusting stuff.

Besides, I guarantee you it won't help you vacuum any more often than having a good regular vacuum cleaner. ;)

Jombo

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2001
got my fantom years ago, think it was the one that started the whole bagless thing.. don't remember seeing one before mine came out, but i love that thing and it looks pretty cool too.

dun know how it ranks in CS, but i like it ^^

also, if you ever use a bagless, you'll know how much crap it picks up even w/ an empty canister. i don't think compacting all that dust and gunk into a paper thin bag and have em pile up for months at a time's too good for ya. just be warned tho, emptying out the canister may prove to be messy ;)

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
god this is bugging me now but which was the vacuum with the old guy who says try it free, it picks up bowling balls, all hotels use it, blah blah blah

LeeTJ

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003
Originally posted by: dabuddha
god this is bugging me now but which was the vacuum with the old guy who says try it free, it picks up bowling balls, all hotels use it, blah blah blah

Oreck.

i think that's how you spell it.

btw, on the question of vacuum cleaners. it depends on whether you want to buy a new one every couple of years or you want it to last for 10 to 15 years.

we have a rainbow here. it picks up great and traps dust really well. it's annoying to use tho. it's also very expensive. $1500.00 (btw, i didn't buy it, my mom bought it and wouldn't take it with her when they moved out of my house.)

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Willoughbyva
I have a Bisslle that I paid about $100.00 for. It has filters that you simply rinse out.

thats the one i have and I havent had any issues other than getting it clogged with hair. I did remove 2 of the filters and am planning to modify the return tube so it wont happen again :)

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Originally posted by: kyutip
Whatever it is, it better be Hoover. THe V2 is nice or you can get the previous version Hoover WindTunnel Self Propelled Bagles.

<HOMER>Mmmmmm self propelled bagles... </HOMER>

Edit: is there a site online that reviews vacume cleaners... or has an up-to-date listing of all the new ones?