Who has a female supervisor or boss?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

amdskip

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001
I actually really like my female boss. There's a higher up female in the chain though that acts like she is too good to talk to me so yeah that sucks.

L

Lola

Originally posted by: gwrober
Originally posted by: tfinch2
I have a female boss. No problems at all. Maybe you just have a psycho female boss.

Same here. My boss is awesome, very smart. She's still going to school also, and uses that to encourage me to go. I feel very inferior sometimes! ...and not in *that* way, you slimeballs!! :p

Of course i know there are good bosses and not so good bosses that are of both sexes. As i said, she is my first real boss so i was not sure how others felt with their superviors being this way.

On days when she is not overly emotional, she is very nice and rather fair, but i just don't understand how she can turn.
I am as female as the next gal and i do get VERY emotional, but i know not to take it out on fellow work-mates or her.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I've had male and female bosses over the years.
The gender of the person doesn't really matter IMO.

I get along great with my lead, team manager, manager, and director.

BigDH01

Golden Member
Jul 8, 2005
To be honest, it may have something to do with the boss's method of birth control. My gf is on the pill and she's never really moody during her period. However, she told me that before she started the pill she would get very emotional. I've also known people that quit the pill and I could definitely see that they became more moody at certain times of the month.

I've had both male and female bosses and teachers. I've had male bosses and teachers that were naturally jerks and would be jerks all of the time. The same goes for females. The one thing I did notice about certain females was that they were harder to predict. Some, but not all, had great fluxuations in mood. One day they were on top of the world and the next you couldn't stand to be around them. With the males, I always knew just to avoid the jerks. The males seemed to be more consistent.

I currently have a male boss. I can tell when he's having a good or bad time at home. He doesn't talk about it, which is nice, but you can tell there has been a change in mood. It's just not as great as some of the females that I've seen. I only have four female coworkers in my department at this time and they all seem to be pretty stable mood-wise. One sometimes really annoys me because all she does is talk about her kids. I mean, every little thing about them, but that's as far as she brings her home life into work.

Chunkee

Lifer
Jul 28, 2002
Take her out and get her laid.

/next day...chipper and smiling.

/you profit from improved work mileu

crownjules

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2005
Both my subgroup manager and group manager are female. My subgroup manager is an attractive, 30 year old Swede so it makes it a bit easier to work. She almost never talks about personal stuff other then ocassionally her classwork or an odd thing that happened to her. The group manager is an older woman who I hear can get nasty when defending our group, but is generally amicable with us. She just doesn't talk to me that much...