Who had the most influence in winning the World War II ?

hergehen

Sep 13, 2001
Yes, the Allies and the "World" won ...

but my question is : Who had the most influence in winning the World War II ?

Please vote ...

I hope I got all choices covered :)

edit: oh man, forgot the POLL :( :( :( ... so just reply with your answer ;)

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< I think this thread will turn into a flamefest ;) >>

<- Puts a bottle of lighter fuel and some matches on the table :p

Texmaster

Banned
Jun 5, 2001

<< Russians >>

LOL Czar Czar Czar.... How did I know you wouldn't pick the US? :D

The US for Fighting on both Fronts with more fire and man power than anyone else.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Ummmm, this is possibly the mother of all pointless rhetorical questions. Especially without a poll....

Nevertheless, my answer is Hitler.

Second choice: Oppenheimer

RedRooster

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Everyone knows it would've been a lopsided defeat without the support of the Canadian military.

Texmaster

Banned
Jun 5, 2001

<< Ummmm, this is possibly the mother of all pointless rhetorical questions. Especially without a poll....

Nevertheless, my answer is Hitler.
>>

thats a good one but I'll stick to my answer :)

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Objectively, I think the US had the most influence. The USSR did play an extremely signifigant roll, but only in the European Theater, and only with the material support of the US.

Pundit

Feb 28, 2002
Definitely not France! Russian did lose 15 million men and pushed back the Germans, so I'd have to say them. But really, if Germany didn't have a two-front war, I'd be speaking to you in German right now ;)

Hammer

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
America, we supplied the Russian tanks which allowed them to aid us, and you're ignoring the pacific which we pretty much did on our own. We also help the Brits take Africa and knock out Italy.

2/3 Axis Powers ain't bad.

CKDragon

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2001

<< It was Hitler. He tried to expand the war to far to fast. >>

100% agree... we're extremely lucky he pissed off Russia. It wasn't so much that Russia helped us by fighting with us, but they helped by not fighting AGAINST us. Let me know if that made sense :p

CK

Texmaster

Banned
Jun 5, 2001

<< America, we supplied the Russian tanks which allowed them to aid us, and you're ignoring the pacific which we pretty much did on our own. We also help the Brits take Africa and knock out Italy.

2/3 Axis Powers ain't bad.
>>

Now if you were looking at who was the most damaging influence on the Allies side, aside from France would be General Montgommery

Keep the flames burnin! :D

Arschloch

Golden Member
Oct 29, 1999
I think it was France who had the most influence. They gave the Germans a false sense of security by letting the Nazis overrun their country. ;)

Tominator

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

<< America, we supplied the Russian tanks ... >>

And fighter aircraft and medical supplies and Stalin tried like hell to stop the Russian People from finding it out. He had the medical and food supplies relabled....

Stalin did not support the US against Japan and even took American Airmen hostage for making emergency landings at Russian airfields. Stalin had no navy, no long range bombers and had no interest in helping the Allies. Everything he did was selfish and selfserving.

Hitler had the most influence as without him there would have been no war.

As far as the country that influenced the outcome.....The United States of America without question...

Mitzi

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2001
Who had the most influence in winning the World War II ?

Us Brits of course - gotta have at least one vote :)

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000

<< Everyone knows it would've been a lopsided defeat without the support of the Canadian military. >>

Correct. It would have taken us a much shorter ammout of time if we weren't carrying the Canadians with us. ;)

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999

<< It was Hitler. He tried to expand the war to far to fast. >>

That's my vote, at least for the European theater. Trying to blitzkrieg Russia in winter.... DOH!! ;)

amish

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Gotta be the Germans. They opened another front, while they were fighting in to other areas, and that other front was Russia in the winter. Should've learned from Napoleon that it's a bad idea.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Hitler had the most influence in LOSING the war, not winning it :p

Cosmickarma

Banned
Feb 26, 2002
i believe it was because of some stupid strategic moves made b hitler...i guess it was inevitable that a guy who is screwed up in the head had to screw up. even if hitler did win the war, i dont think he could have retained control for any longer.

Ferocious

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2000
The Greeks. Well maybe not.

But their surprise stubborness against the invading Italians supposedly caused the Nazis to delay their attack on Russia for a couple of weeks so they could go down and help out their allies.