Who excelled academically in your family?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Everyone's about the same. Most didn't graduate high school, a few like myself have some college credits. I'll likely be the first with a degree.

I'm the only male that hasn't been in the military in my family.

CTrain

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2001
Originally posted by: richardycc
Originally posted by: CTrain
Actually all of us.
I have 2 brothers and 3 sisters and they all have nice going careers.
Its kinda weird but my 2nd oldest brother is the smartest one of all and he makes the least money.
Even myself being a manager at McDonalds makes more than him relatively.(my 43K in Fl to his 46K in Cali).

He was a CS major here at the University of Central Florida when his computer team finished 2nd overall to Stanford in the anual world computer programming contest.
Evryone was like, who in the hell is this UCF ??
This put UCF on the map as far as CS is concern.
I know hes a legend at the UCF CS department cause when I enrolled there, when they found out I was his brother, all the professors started drooling....LOL too bad I suck at CS(its that or I didn't try very hard).

His problem is that he works for a small firm developing softwares.
He can easily be making over 70K++ with his credentials but he likes his freedom I guess.

you are still at mcdonald's? thought you quit ther awhile ago...sorry for highjacking the thread...

I am..... moving to Cali soon. Just working until I move.

LongCoolMother

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2001
my father has a phD in geology from rice university.

my mother has a masters in library science from univ of missouri columbia

my brother has a BS in biochemister from UCLA and is currently working on a MBA

my cousins are currently attending UC berkeley, cornell, oxford (in UK)

past cousins have gone to UCLA, UCI, UCSD.