Who Else is Waiting Until the Venice Cores Are out Until They Build a System?

gate1975mlm

Oct 30, 2004
I am just waiting for the Venice Core 3500+ and the ASUS A8n-e Premium NForce 4!

I wonder how long of a wait I have????

Spike

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
Originally posted by: sharkeeper
Venice? I'll be nearby in May. I'll have to check it out.

Lol, venice is a fun city but can sometime stink! Watch out for St. Marks square, there are literally hundreds of thousands of pidgeons so getting hit with falling poo is a matter of when, not if.

As for the venice core, I plan to build a new system in December so I guess you could say I am waiting until they are out ;)

-spike

sharkeeper

Lifer
Jan 13, 2001
Lol, venice is a fun city but can sometime stink! Watch out for St. Marks square, there are literally hundreds of thousands of pidgeons so getting hit with falling poo is a matter of when, not i

Can't be any worse than San Juan's catpiss.

MrControversial

Jan 25, 2005
Why don't you guys just wait till 2007 when the triple cores will come out? Or what about 2008 when the quad cores come out...no just wait till 2020 when the ten core chips are out...

Something better is always around the corner...

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
Originally posted by: MrControversial
Why don't you guys just wait till 2007 when the triple cores will come out? Or what about 2008 when the quad cores come out...no just wait till 2020 when the ten core chips are out...

Something better is always around the corner...

Because Dual core will be here withon maybe 6 months.
2007 isn't for 21 months or so.
So yeah, they are comparable.....not.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Originally posted by: mcjimbo
An early indication on pricing of dual cores vs singles?

likely 300-600 dollars on avg, and over 1k for the beefed up ones.

Maluno

Mar 28, 2005
Yes, I am also waiting for the Venice cores to come out (April 5 seems so far away... :(). Everything on my system is picked out, I just have to wait a while longer... sigh.

sharkeeper

Lifer
Jan 13, 2001
I'm waiting for the Toledo dual core cpu.

I've been seeing them at the supermarkets for years. I had no idea those scales needed such cpu power. Someone should beowulf all the food lions, piggly wigglys, etc. together and fight cancer.

Oct 19, 2000
Originally posted by: teutonicknight
Originally posted by: Goi
What's new in the Venice?

sse3, and 90nanometer cores.
Forgive me for possibly asking a stupid question, but aren't Winchester cores 90 nanometer? Is the addition of SSE3 that big of a deal? Surely there's more to it than what you've listed here.

What's the advantage of waiting if someone is looking to buy now?