Who Do You Think Will Win Iowa?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Who Do You Think Will Win Iowa?

• Ron Paul

• Rick Santorum

• Mitt Romney

• Newt Gingrich

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
A better question is why the fuck should we care about Iowa in the first place.

I'm fucking sick and tired of our electoral process that favors small, rural, conservative states filled with inbred white hicks that know nothing other than god, guns, and Nascar. They in no way represent the majority of this country that lives on the coasts.

I want to see an electoral process where candidates actually spend most of their time where people actually LIVE in this fucking country. CA, NY, and most other big states are basically ignored entirely in any general election.

It would be nice to stop bending over backwards and keep giving rural voters electoral affirmative action. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

TalonStrike

Nov 5, 2010

I'm fucking sick and tired of our electoral process that favors small, rural, conservative states filled with inbred white hicks that know nothing other than god, guns, and Nascar. They in no way represent the majority of this country that lives on the coasts.

I want to see an electoral process where candidates actually spend most of their time where people actually LIVE in this fucking country. CA, NY, and most other big states are basically ignored entirely in any general election.

thats cuz they are immediate votes for the democrats.

TalonStrike

Nov 5, 2010
6. Michelle Bachmann

lol she spent so much money there and that was the only state she had even a small chance of winning. She'll stay in tho because she's crazy.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
thats cuz they are immediate votes for the democrats.

That's why our electoral college system needs to be replaced. It was put in place to protect against the tyranny of the majority, but we are in the exact opposite situation right now. Tyranny of the minority has been devolving politics at a rapid pace such that anti-intellectualism is actually a badge of honor for conservative candidates.

The electoral college needs to be thrown out and replaced with a straight up popular vote winner take all election. This way candidates WOULD actually spend most of their time where people in this country LIVE and ignorant, stupid, white trash, minority states like Iowa would be effectively ignored. Like they should be if they fucking vote for Santorum.

chowderhead

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 1999
All the talking heads are microanalyzing the results. The caucus produced for the entire state LESS than the amount of votes that 1 House Congressional district will generate in a typical general election. They are analyzing 100k votes. It's time to do a regional primary rotated by region. Iowa should lose it's 1st in the nation. Winnowing?? Maybe Bachmann drops out. LAME.

Paul98

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2010

Agreed

Aug 14, 2001
I bet that Ron Paul and his supporters think that Ron Paul just won Iowa. It's easy to believe in this when you refuse to believe in reality!

Hopefully Ron Paul can go crawl back to Texas and shut the hell up.

Aug 14, 2001
Today was a victory for humanity, where racists like Ron Paul are rejected and can't even finish second in a backwards state where his supporters were desperate to win. What a pathetic old racist fool.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
That's why our electoral college system needs to be replaced. It was put in place to protect against the tyranny of the majority, but we are in the exact opposite situation right now. Tyranny of the minority has been devolving politics at a rapid pace such that anti-intellectualism is actually a badge of honor for conservative candidates.

The electoral college needs to be thrown out and replaced with a straight up popular vote winner take all election. This way candidates WOULD actually spend most of their time where people in this country LIVE and ignorant, stupid, white trash, minority states like Iowa would be effectively ignored. Like they should be if they fucking vote for Santorum.
I'm thinking someone who behaves like an arrogant blowhard based on his childish stereotypes has little basis to call others ignorant, stupid, or white trash. What you know about Iowa would fit in the head of a pin.

BansheeX

Sep 10, 2007
Doubling down on gold after this. Lawl America. Corporate puppet after corporate puppet. Buncha old fogies with no internet voting what their pastor tells them, isolated from the draft, and receiving or about to receive social security. Holy War with Iran approaches. GIVE US BACK OUR DRONE PLEASE.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
I'm thinking someone who behaves like an arrogant blowhard based on his childish stereotypes has little basis to call others ignorant, stupid, or white trash. What you know about Iowa would fit in the head of a pin.

I'm sorry if your state votes for Santorum you are clearly stupid and white trash in my book. Couldn't care less about Iowa or its people, you are irrelevant to mainstream America and would remain so were it not for your unearned "first" caucus spot.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007

One of the most ignorant statements I have read here.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
I'm sorry if your state votes for Santorum you are clearly stupid and white trash in my book. Couldn't care less about Iowa or its people, you are irrelevant to mainstream America and would remain so were it not for your unearned "first" caucus spot.
Here's the problem dipshit. The "state" didn't vote for Santorum. Fewer than one-fourth of Iowa Republican caucus-goers voted for Santorum. Further, as repulsive as Santorum is, he was running against a slate of roughly equally repulsive competitors. When the GOP only runs defective candidates, it's pretty much a given that their primary winner will be defective.

If you weren't so focused on pulling ignorant stereotypes out of your rectum, you might also realize that Santorum's success tonight is largely lucky timing. We've gone through a whole series of candidates, one by one. Each shot up in the polls due to initial infatuation -- "this is the guy, this time for sure" -- only to crash again upon closer examination. Santorum peaked literally in the last day or two. Now that he's center stage, his crash will come soon enough.