Whitney Houston found dead

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Whitney Houston, who reigned as pop music's queen until her majestic voice and regal image were ravaged by drug use, erratic behavior and a tumultuous marriage to singer Bobby Brown, died Saturday night. She was 48.
The Beverly Hills Police Department responded to an emergency call at the Beverly Hilton hotel Saturday, Lt. Mark Rosen, of the Beverly Hills Police Department said.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/02/11/whitney-houston-dies-at-48/#ixzz1mBJeag7L

Cause of death is not yet known. Way too young to have died yet.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
She ruined herself. Proved it back in '09 when her singing failed standards on her comeback tour.

Memorex vs live. Live failed :(

Very few can abuse drugs (legal or illegal) and stay on top or come back. They all think they can.

desy

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2000
Wow look at all the self rightesous A-holes
Judge not, Walk a mile, etc.
Drug addiction doesn't discrimante between rich and poor, famous or anonymous and the human compassion is everwhelming, Nicely done

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Tragic. RIP Whitney. Let's hope that those who supplied her all those drugs feel at least some guilt and remorse. And let's hope that those close to her who could have intervened in some helpful way step up the next time someone else among them are on that same treacherous path to self-destruction.

Sad.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
They're saying she was found submerged in a bath tub. :(

I think it's likely she pulled an EPAD, they already said they found prescription meds in her room.

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
Very sad. She lived in turmoil and tried to treat her turmoil with drugs and other mechanisms of escape. IMany of you out there don't realize how much we all have in common with Whitney...

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
... and between 250,000 and 300,000 OTHER people died at the same time. Let's post a thread for each one of them.

I do not like her music, but she was an icon that we all know. Also, we all know her story for the most part. It is true that many others out there died at the same time under similar or worse circumstances. However, we are sympathizing with the person/story that we do know about.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Very sad. She lived in turmoil and tried to treat her turmoil with drugs and other mechanisms of escape. IMany of you out there don't realize how much we all have in common with Whitney...

Her turmoil started when she started compounding one bad choice with another.

Most people that may be in turmoil do not have the opportunities availed to straighten up.
Regretfully those that have the resources, waste them or refuse to utilize them.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
She had gifts (talent) and opportunities that 99% of us will never have. I just can't muster up a lot of empathy for her plight as a druggie.....

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
she made choices. Behavior and association will make you or break you. It's your choice.

disappoint

Lifer
Dec 7, 2009
Wow look at all the self rightesous A-holes
Judge not, Walk a mile, etc.
Drug addiction doesn't discrimante between rich and poor, famous or anonymous and the human compassion is everwhelming, Nicely done

If you willingly walk off a cliff, don't be surprised if I don't follow.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Just because someone lived a destructive life style and paid the price, doesn't make it less of a tragedy.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Listen to "The Heroin Diaries" by SIXX AM (Nikki Sixx from Motley Crew is the singer). He tells it like it is about addiction.

I do not wish addiction on anyone, it is a horrific thing. It is easy to never get out of its grasp. When you do, it is never more than an arm's length away from grasping you about the throat again.

desy

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2000
If you're in the grip of drugs are you willingly following?

I have no ideas of the pressure of fame and money but considering the disproportionate amount of celebrities that end up in similar states compared to the regular population I suspect there is something awry

Last edited:

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
If you're in the grip of drugs are you willingly following?

I have no ideas of the pressure of fame and money but considering the disproportionate amount of celebrities that end up in similar states compared to the regular population I suspect there is something awry

It is often due to being at the "top" and finding nothing there to sustain you.