White Supremacists march down the streets of Philadelphia

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MichaelMay

Jun 6, 2021
The why is easy, mental illness and stupid people. Stupid people are far and away the most common cause. The problem is that stupid people have the same rights as smart people.
The issue is fundamental to all government, we have to govern based on the least intelligent segment of society.

It's guns, guns is the difference and everyone knows it but some are playing so fucking dumb that they cannot acknowledge that even to themselves.

You know it, I know it, Donald Trump doesn't know his arse from his elbow but if he could he'd know it too.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
The why is easy, mental illness and stupid people. Stupid people are far and away the most common cause. The problem is that stupid people have the same rights as smart people.
The issue is fundamental to all government, we have to govern based on the least intelligent segment of society.
So there's no mental illness and stupid people in other first world countries?

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Yes, in the US it is and apparently NO ONE can figure out why.

It's just... well NO ONE can figure out why...

Except that everyone can but playing REALLY fucking dumb and playing pretend not to get it has become an American pastime.

When you don't know whats going on, it's best not to post.

Reactions: hal2kilo

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
BLM, and..... they carry a big stick.
This isn't your average BLM crowd anymore nor will they put up with this White Supremacist BS. BLM and they'll beat your ass, so run away run away.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
We spent a few days in Manhattan this week and we had a coworker tell my wife to not wear her wedding ring there because it'd make her a target. When we were my wife is like "half the people on this corner have bags worth more than my ring." We sent him pictures of my 5 year-old playing in central park and riding the subway.

I'm going at the end of August.

Live look at me trying to secure reservations at any of my preferred Italian restaurants in a "dead city" weeks ahead of time:

1037653_81_97869_DJO3hevqE.jpg

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
It's guns, guns is the difference and everyone knows it but some are playing so fucking dumb that they cannot acknowledge that even to themselves.

You know it, I know it, Donald Trump doesn't know his arse from his elbow but if he could he'd know it too.
Firearms are a tool. Stupid people with firearms are the danger.
I have four firearms in my home, none of them has ever been used to threaten another human. If someone were to break into my home they still wouldn't be a threat because it would take me half an hour to dig them out, find some ammunition, and load them. At that point, I still don't think I'd be able to pull the trigger.
There is no way to be rid of guns at this point, there are too many of them and they're to easy to make or smuggle. So while I could join you in railing against them, there isn't any point. Confiscation will only disarm responsible people, those aren't the people I'm worried about.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I have four firearms in my home, none of them has ever been used to threaten another human. If someone were to break into my home they still wouldn't be a threat because it would take me half an hour to dig them out, find some ammunition, and load them. At that point, I still don't think I'd be able to pull the trigger.
There is no way to be rid of guns at this point, there are too many of them and they're to easy to make or smuggle. So while I could join you in railing against them, there isn't any point. Confiscation will only disarm responsible people, those aren't the people I'm worried about.

Hell, when Germany took over Poland and France and the Nazis were totally on the go, we should have just said, well, the Nazis are everywhere, there is no point.

What other moral battles would you fail at by simply throwing your hands up in the air as a pathetic excuse to do absolutely zero about gun violence in America?

• Haha

MichaelMay

Jun 6, 2021

No, firearms are not tools like a screwdriver or a knife, it's a tool with a specific purpose, to kill something. It's not used for any other purpose.

I think it's great that you have unsupervised firearms around your house, I mean, as soon as someone steals them it's not your problem and they are no longer "legal" and won't be counted so nothing to worry about there.

What is the point of your firearms? None what so ever but you and I know that if a wannabee mass shooter wanted to buy one he'd be free to do so even if he was clinically insane and had told his psychiatrist that he intends to murder your family.

The problem here is that he might have bought guns long ago and they can't take those away either, nor can he be prohibited from buying new ones. He's what you'd call a "responsible gun owner" right up to the moment he isn't.

Whose to say you don't get a stroke and become paranoid using your guns to go on a shooting spree? You don't know that you won't.

The problem is the availability of guns and if you compare the US to ANY other first world nation you'll realize that it is the problem.

I don't think you are a bad person, but you are playing dumb or you are dumb, it's either or.