White powder sent to Mormon temples in Utah, LA

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Originally posted by: DrPizza
Originally posted by: Vic
Evidence that the powder was sent by Prop 8 protesters?

I was thinking the exact same thing. It would have been an intelligent PR stunt by one of the Mormons to send it. Re: the majority of people, including the OP, would jump to the wrong conclusion. Such an act undermines the anti-prop 8 group's ability to say "we're tolerant and you're not." And, for that same reason, I somehow the vast vast majority of anti-prop 8 people would be stupid enough to do this.

Bahaha!

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
So the intolerance of a huge number of people (supporting a ban on gay marriage) is negated by a couple of wack jobs with no support behind them sending a Mormon temple white powder? Interesting perspective there.

And I agree with the poster who said Corbett's use of pronouns is infantile. Nobody is exaggerating when they say a large group of people voted against gay marriage, it is a ridiculous exaggeration saying "the left" sent white powder to anyone.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Originally posted by: sandorski
Originally posted by: Ocguy31
Originally posted by: sandorski
Sad to see, but your whole "Tolerance" angle is rather ridiculous. Mormon Church was Intolerant, now it Reaps what it Sows.

So as long as someone is intolerant first, that opens the flood gates?

Interesting....
Not at all, but as Jesus said, "Do unto others....". It is a long held piece of Wisdom, taught by most Religions and as a Religious organization they should have seen it coming.

I suppose you feel that only the First Intolerant has the Right to Intolerance?

Interesting....
Do you know anything about religion?

Or for that matter, do you know anything about population percentages?

Seriously, if this proposition was defeated 49.9 to 50.1, there would be no violence against the Mormon church. The only reason there are these protests and violence, is because many other people also voted yes on the proposition. Hell, you can wipe out all Mormons from California, the proposition still got enough votes to pass.

Sorry, but blaming 1.8% of the California population for a proposition passing is extremely intolerant.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Have these protesters fly over to Iran or Afghanistan or Saudi Arabia and kiss other men there. They would quickly have a new perspective on this whole concept of tolerance, and just how "horrible" of a life they have here in the intolerant United States.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Originally posted by: cubby1223
Have these protesters fly over to Iran or Afghanistan or Saudi Arabia and kiss other men there. They would quickly have a new perspective on this whole concept of tolerance, and just how "horrible" of a life they have here in the intolerant United States.

Yea, while we're at it send the women too so they'll learn not to be so uppity to their betters.

:roll:

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: FiddleDD
Originally posted by: between
But still, didn't the No side have twice as much money,

that is not correct, approximately equal amounts were raised by the yes and no campaigns.

well I guess that made it an even campaign...cuz it wasn't fun to watch Oprah buy a presidency...

Why am I so sure we this guy is a racist?

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: MeanGene
Originally posted by: Jschmuck2
Yes, we've said that, repeatedly.

Some have, many haven't.

Your reading comprehension skills are lacking.
Just read some posts a few up from mine and then tell me whose comprehension skills are lacking.

Also, WWYBYWB?

Never been banned, just new here. :)

oh.. and I guess you cheered Matthew Shepeards torture and murder by gay haters?

^^ why did I say that.. because you are using one or two posts to label all

Anyhow.. I have little to no sympathy to any religious entiity that tries to force their beliefs (ir. deny citizens of the USA the rights they deserve as members of a free society) and their view of morality on the rest of us ESPECIALLY with CASH

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: cubby1223

wow.. good job Christian Soldier - that post really is pathetic.. maybe we should just let you and the other Christians damn these people to hell and put them in nuthouses and then offer them free firing squads if they want to kill themselves after your people did all they could to berate and judge and persecute them.. HALELUJAH

woodie1

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2000
Originally posted by: dahunan

that is not correct, approximately equal amounts were raised by the yes and no campaigns.

well I guess that made it an even campaign...cuz it wasn't fun to watch Oprah buy a presidency...

Are you implying that is a bad thing. I think she has the right to her beliefs just as you do.

Besides, the Dems spent some 3X what the GOP spent on the race for POTUS.

FiddleDD

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 1999
Originally posted by: dahunan

Well since you can't even figure out I'm a FEMALE...so how would you be able to be so sure about anything else!!

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: redgtxdi
I seriously think the left in this subforum may quite possibly redefine cynicism as we know it.

Who's to say the No on 8 movement didn't vote FOR it just for this very moment in time?? (The gays do like their parties, don't they? And where better to have a whopper than downtown SLC, eh??)

Two words..

Ashley Todd