White man beaten by group of blacks not being probed as hate crime

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
White guy gets beaten by a mob of blacks.

One may have said "Now that's justice for Trayvon.". Or maybe not, in any case no probing of a hate crime, this despite the fact anybody honest with themselves knows race played a huge part of this.

There's no way in the world this wouldn't be pursued as a hate crime if a gang of whites had assaulted a black man at his house.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/2...t-probed-as-hate-crime-despite-witness-claim/

I like this part: "We have not been able to find any other witness that can back that statement up.". Yeah, maybe because it didn't happen. Or maybe because the witnesses were part of the gang and/or don't want to be taken away from their lawn mowing by a punch to the head some day by a neighborhood lynch mob.

Xcobra

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2004
Hang 'em! I hate this reverse racism bullshit. And I am not white.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Hate crimes are hate crimes, no matter the race of the people involved. But when it comes to actions that split the fabric of our society along racial lines, people who only care about violence (racial or otherwise) when they can make some political point aren't helping matters any.

Edit: Not accusing anyone in particular, since I can't read minds. But this sort of story seems to be cropping up an awful lot lately, usually with almost boilerplate editorializing about how nobody cares about racial issues if white people are victims.

Last edited:

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
talking/reporting about black on white racism is taboo

I can tell by the way it's being talked about and reported on constantly. Although maybe I'm confused, since nearly every time someone talks about or reports it, they mention how what they're talking about is something they can't talk about.

Since they're usually the only people talking about the "taboo" though, the whole argument sounds pretty silly to me. Nobody thinks black on white racism is OK. But it's probably worth considering that maybe there could be different reactions considering the historical context in this country.

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
Where's our racist POS President? What did he have to say. He sure opened his stupid mouth about Trayvon.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
This is what, the 20th thread that is about some black on white crime posed as a "counter-attack" to the Martin case. Is this supposed to be original or clever here? From where I sit, with new threads like this coming about 2-3 every week, it's beginning to look like trolling. Yeah I get it, some people are butt hurt because they think white people get the shaft in this country while black people get all the special favors.

I'd like to make a request that in the future the mods start combining these threads. None of them are about the specific crimes, nor do these troll posters care about any of these victims or these crimes. They all make the same exact point, so they should all be in one thread.

Last edited:

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Where's our racist POS President? What did he have to say. He sure opened his stupid mouth about Trayvon.

Are you not from the US? Because the President of the United States of America is neither racist or a POS. He's a human being who when asked a question about a major national issue gave an answer that showed humanity and empathy. Then again, from the few posts I've seen from you lately, I'm guessing humanity and empathy are not things you identify with enough to recognize.

Separately, so far as this issue goes, hate crimes are a stupid concept. The laws exist to try to get a more severe sentence for a crime. Do you think those that committed this crime will not be punished? The main reason that hate crime laws even exist within the US is because the racist south would let white people off for crimes against black people. There's still a lot of racism in this country. And hate crime prosecutions should only be invoked rarely. I can't remember who the comedian was that said that every violent crime is a hate crime, you have to have a certain amount of hate in you to commit a violent crime.

Last edited:

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
This is what, the 20th thread that is about some black on white crime posed as a "counter-attack" to the Martin case. Is this supposed to be original or clever here? From where I sit, with o new thread like this coming about 2-3 every week, it's beginning to look like trolling. Yeah I get it, some people are butt hurt because they think white people get the shaft in this country while black people get all the special favors.

I'd like to make a request that in the future the mods start combining these threads. None of them are about the specific crimes, nor do these troll posters care about any of these victims or these crimes. They all make the same exact point, so they should all be in one thread.

Are you saying doppel is posting a lot of these stories? Or are you suggesting there's a trolling conspiracy going on among a varied group of posters? That would be pretty silly.

Each news story should get its own thread if someone wants to start one. This one is particularly noteworthy because of the claim that someone said "justice for trayvon." Some of the other stories were simply black on white crime.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Hate crimes are hate crimes, no matter the race of the people involved. But when it comes to actions that split the fabric of our society along racial lines, people who only care about violence (racial or otherwise) when they can make some political point aren't helping matters any.

Edit: Not accusing anyone in particular, since I can't read minds. But this sort of story seems to be cropping up an awful lot lately, usually with almost boilerplate editorializing about how nobody cares about racial issues if white people are victims.

That's exactly the point. White people are victims not only of evil blacks and their inability to control their violent impulses, but in fact are being consistently discriminated against. That is the Faux News message that this OP and a horde of others on this board are trying to get across with this endless parade of tedious anecdotes that prove exactly nothing. Being black in this country is just the bee's knees, apparently. Yeah. sure it is.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Are you saying doppel is posting a lot of these stories? Or are you suggesting there's a trolling conspiracy going on among a varied group of posters? That would be pretty silly.

That is two things you are wondering if I am suggesting. I am wondering where you read either of them into my post. It's trolling when a poster knows that the point he's trying make has been made several times in similar threads recently, and when the fallacies in it have already been pointed out time and again. For example, the lie that black people do not get charged with hate crimes.

Each news story should get its own thread if someone wants to start one. This one is particularly noteworthy because of the claim that someone said "justice for trayvon." Some of the other stories were simply black on white crime.

Yeah, whatever man. It's just a coincidence that we've had like 20 "black on white" crime threads in the past month. I'll tell you what, I'll Google every white on black crime I can find and start a thread for each. I'll try to make "broader points" with each one, like that white people are violent and racist in general. And the point will be proven by each anecdote. How about we make this a war of dueling crime threads?

- wolf

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
That's exactly the point. White people are victims not only of evil blacks and their inability to control their violent impulses, but in fact are being consistently discriminated against. That is the Faux News message that this OP and a horde of others on this board are trying to get across with this endless parade of tedious anecdotes that prove exactly nothing. Being black in this country is just the bee's knees, apparently. Yeah. sure it is.

"Faux news" huh?

You're leaving out the context. The context is that certain black leaders used a factually inaccurate story (Trayvon Martin) to try to start a discussion on profiling and race relations in this country. That was one isolated incident too. It looks like they got what they wanted. Any honest discussion on race and profiling in the US is going to have to include the abnormally higher levels of crime in the black community.

That is two things you are wondering if I am suggesting. I am wondering where you read either of them into my post. It's trolling when a poster knows that the point he's trying make has been made several times in similar threads recently, and when the fallacies in it have already been pointed out time and again. For example, the lie that black people do not get charged with hate crimes.

Yeah, whatever man. It's just a coincidence that we've had like 20 "black on white" crime threads in the past month. I'll tell you what, I'll Google every white on black crime I can find and start a thread for each. I'll try to make "broader points" with each one, like that white people are violent and racist in general. And the point will be proven by each anecdote. How about we make this a war of dueling crime threads?

- wolf

We've also had threads on the actual statistics. Anyway, if you haven't noticed this entire forum is basically a dueling thread forum. Most threads are started to make the OP's ideological opponent look bad and look like it's part of a pattern. I don't see it as trolling. And again you have to look at each story specifically. Doppel didn't make it clear in his title but a lot of outlets seem to be focusing on the idea that it was said this was "justice for Trayvon." Seems newsworthy to me. If the news media and certain leaders are causing violence, it seems fair for people to point that out.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Wonders when the false equivalency crowd is going to get down off their white crosses and stop posting these inane threads...

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
"Faux news" huh?

You're leaving out the context. The context is that certain black leaders used a factually inaccurate story (Trayvon Martin) to try to start a discussion on profiling and race relations in this country. That was one isolated incident too. It looks like they got what they wanted. Any honest discussion on race and profiling in the US is going to have to include the abnormally higher levels of crime in the black community.

We've also had threads on the actual statistics. Anyway, if you haven't noticed this entire forum is basically a dueling thread forum. Most threads are started to make the OP's ideological opponent look bad and look like it's part of a pattern. I don't see it as trolling. And again you have to look at each story specifically. Doppel didn't make it clear in his title but a lot of outlets seem to be focusing on the idea that it was said this was "justice for Trayvon." Seems newsworthy to me. If the news media and certain leaders are causing violence, it seems fair for people to point that out.

We can have threads about the statistics and have a meaningful discussion about profiling. It is done to some extent, but that doesn't necessarily make it "racist" because we know the statistics. Then of course there are complex reasons for these statistics. Another good discussion. But this string of anecdotes? Not so much.

As for the Martin case being an anecdote, sure it is, but the pro-Zimmerman posters are driving that thread as much or more than those on the other side. Apparently people find that case interesting for a whole slew of different reasons, including the fact that what really happened is somewhat of a mystery that people are trying to piece together from incomplete evidence.

Apart from the general fascination with every last detail of that case, conservatives and apparently some white liberals have launched this huge counter-offensive of publicizing every single black on white crime they can find and it's really starting to sound shrill. Obviously they feel REALLY strongly that white people get a raw deal in this country. They can keep telling themselves that over and over again until they're blue in the face and it won't make it any more true than the first time they said it.

Lastly, why are you so taken aback at me being critical of Fox "News." Do you actually think it's a real news source?

- wolf

Last edited:

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
Hate Crime = Stupid.

I cannot see where hurting another man is worse if you did it because you wanted to beat him up, or because you wanted to beat him up because he was black/white/jewish/mormon/shoe salesman.

IT JUST DOES NOT MATTER!

The whole "hate crime" legislation is just an attempt to balance the slanted world of crime and litigation that still does not treat everyone like a blind woman with market scales. It is basically sealing up an open wound with hot tar.

Phail.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This is a completely bullshit-assed ginned up headline by Faux News again. Editors found a story they could spin into red meat for their base. If you actually read the account here's what happened.

Guy comes out and tells/yells at kids to stop playing basketball in the street. Idiodic mob probably made up of older kids/parents/older friends came back and beat the shit out of this guy.

In no way was this a group of black people looking for some random white person to beat up because they are white. It was a group of people doing stupid things.

As far as someone invoking Trayvon in the attack, we don't have confirmation of this. Second even if its true idiots in mobs say and do stupid things. It was not the premise of the attack, that's why the police are just treating this as an assault.

The jealously of the right about the TM case is glaringly obvious. Fox and the rest of the right wing talking blowhards will do anything in an attempt to discredit the killing of Trayvon

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
One of the things that I think is so ridiculous about hate crime legislation is that whites aren't protected, yet there is much more black violence against whites than white violence against blacks. I don't think they should come up with more protected groups though, because liberty is more important than equality before the law (which is impossible under government anyway). I wish VA would repeal all of its hate crime legislation, but I doubt it will ever happen.

I'm also against hate crime legislation because the motive shouldn't matter and it's impossible for the jury to know whether the defendant had racist motivations.

WackyDan

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
Imagine if you will if the victim had been armed and defended himself and family.

The same people complaining about the black on white crime threads would be the first ones screaming that the shooter was racist and that the blacks were victimized instead, we need gun control, yada-yada.

This could have had another ending... and at my house it would have. I'd have no problem asking a group of youths to keep the noise level down after dark if playing out in the street, and they should have no problem respecting their neighbors. However, if a mob of their siblings or parents show up in response with violence in mind, I will not be the one on the receiving end... I don't care what skin color they are.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
Are you not from the US? Because the President of the United States of America is neither racist or a POS. He's a human being who when asked a question about a major national issue gave an answer that showed humanity and empathy. Then again, from the few posts I've seen from you lately, I'm guessing humanity and empathy are not things you identify with enough to recognize.

Separately, so far as this issue goes, hate crimes are a stupid concept. The laws exist to try to get a more severe sentence for a crime. Do you think those that committed this crime will not be punished? The main reason that hate crime laws even exist within the US is because the racist south would let white people off for crimes against black people. There's still a lot of racism in this country. And hate crime prosecutions should only be invoked rarely. I can't remember who the comedian was that said that every violent crime is a hate crime, you have to have a certain amount of hate in you to commit a violent crime.

The bolded part = Spot on!

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
We had a local conservative radio station (97.1 FM) put on a Panel of Black representatives of the local community and asked and answered certain questions about race. There was on older gentleman on there that stated that his father advised hime to move out of East St Louis, IL. The reason was an upswing in crime in that city which has always been predominantly a black community. He was adamant the real problem is the black on black crime, or just the high crime rate in certain areas. Crime seems to be everywhere and it always gets worse the more desparate people get due to the lack of employment.

Times like these requires an absolute zero lack of tolerance of crime whether it is Black or white crime. When we dont enforce PUNISHMENT for minor criminal activity like misdemenors, then people think they will not have any real penalties for criminal activity. We need some work camps for criminals where they can work like dogs from sunup to sundown. We also need more capital punishment. For instance steal a car or break into someones house and you get the death penalty. Commit a crime with a knife or a gun get the death penalty. Zero Tolerance.

It is really bad when you have a community of people and they are held hostage by 10% or 20% of the community who are terrorizing them with their violent crimes.

East St Louis, IL has always been bad for crime. Often people get on the Metro Link (Light Rail) system and just go into St Louis, MO to rob and steal from the communities accross from the river. In fact I had a fellow Soldier who was my roommate for a while in Ft Leonard Wood, MO, that referred to people who commit gun crimes in East St Louis, IL as being members of the Gun Club, if they got their names in the Paper.

Who are we protecting; Criminals or the public?

Last edited: