White House Will Now Allow Smoking In All Areas

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
link

Now, in the middle of his transition to the White House, Senator Barack Obama, IL, has officially declared, during his administration, ?smoking will now be allowed in all areas of the White House.?
The ban originally came in 1993 after Hillary Clinton removed all the ashtrays within the White House, concerned that second hand smoke would cause brain damage to the many guests that frequented the hallowed halls.

I guess white house really isn't a public area.... is obama a smoker?

edit: sorry, forgot to add my comment before i click on post...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please start the thread back up when it is the truth rather than a hypothisis

Senior Anandtech moderator
Common Courtesy

frostedflakes

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2005
Heh. With all the problems the last administration left him, he might need start lighting up. :p

RocksteadyDotNet

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2008
"Whether you?re a hatchet man, or a typical Democrat thug, smoking will no longer be an issue."

Mmm. I'm guess this a joke article?

Dec 10, 2005
He was a smoker (don't think he still is). According to Newsweek's behind the scenes article, as a promise to his wife when he was to start his campaign, he would quit smoking.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Obama allegedly quit smoking before the election.

seems like a weird thing, though. I haven't seen smoking inside a place of work since the late 80's.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Obama used to be a smoker, he quit when he started running for president. IIRC

RocksteadyDotNet

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2008
Hello! This is a joke.

"?It was important for the Lincoln Bedroom,? noted Obama. ?Because in my administration, there?s gonna be a whole lot of smoking going on in there.?"

"In his response to Senator Clinton?s protestations, White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emmanuel said, ?I don?t care what that witch says. We?re in the White House. She?s not. It must suck to be her.?

AFMatt

Aug 14, 2008
A couple weeks ago he said during an interview that he quit (as a promise to his wife), but added he was bumming cigs every now and then during the campaign.

frostedflakes

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2005
Originally posted by: RocksteadyDotNet
Hello! This is a joke.

"?It was important for the Lincoln Bedroom,? noted Obama. ?Because in my administration, there?s gonna be a whole lot of smoking going on in there.?"

"In his response to Senator Clinton?s protestations, White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emmanuel said, ?I don?t care what that witch says. We?re in the White House. She?s not. It must suck to be her.?
Obviously, I didn't read the article before posting. :p

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
ha ha... sadly, i guess i still can't light up a joint at the white house.

ScottMac

Moderator<br>Networking<br>Elite member
Mar 19, 2001
I think it was Bill that had the ashtrays removed ... so Hillary would have fewer things to throw at him. Bill had his "special place" to put his smoking materials.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
"Whether you?re a hatchet man, or a typical Democrat thug, smoking will no longer be an issue."

Nah, this one from the site is clearly true:

?I declare the racial division in America healed,? Obama stated. ?I hereby wipe away 200 years of whitey?s injustices to African-Americans. Therefore, I no longer see the need for affirmative action. And I will do everything within my power to end it.?

Many in the mainstream media felt the healing deep within them, including CBS News anchor Katie Couric, saying, ?I felt it all wash away. All my white sins are gone. He gave me orgasm after orgasm. So many, in fact, that I had to change clothes.?

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Originally posted by: Pepsei
ha ha... sadly, i guess i still can't light up a joint at the white house.

I don't know why...rumors have said for years that "W" did it all the time when his daddy lived there...

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Pepsei
link

Now, in the middle of his transition to the White House, Senator Barack Obama, IL, has officially declared, during his administration, ?smoking will now be allowed in all areas of the White House.?
The ban originally came in 1993 after Hillary Clinton removed all the ashtrays within the White House, concerned that second hand smoke would cause brain damage to the many guests that frequented the hallowed halls.

I guess white house really isn't a public area.... is obama a smoker?

edit: sorry, forgot to add my comment before i click on post...

This is a blog....rofl........sheese get some real links...

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
That didn't do much to curb Bill's cigar habit in the Oval Office, did it? :laugh:

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: palehorse
That didn't do much to curb Bill's cigar habit in the Oval Office, did it? :laugh:

hey, he wasn't smoking it ;)

Dec 26, 2007
Originally posted by: techs

Nah, this one from the site is clearly true:

?I declare the racial division in America healed,? Obama stated. ?I hereby wipe away 200 years of whitey?s injustices to African-Americans. Therefore, I no longer see the need for affirmative action. And I will do everything within my power to end it.?

Many in the mainstream media felt the healing deep within them, including CBS News anchor Katie Couric, saying, ?I felt it all wash away. All my white sins are gone. He gave me orgasm after orgasm. So many, in fact, that I had to change clothes.?

Win.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
If this was even remotely true the mainstream press would be having a field day!! rofl