White House Scrubs Web Sites of Embarrasing Comments on Iraq

kandarp

Platinum Member
May 19, 2003
hahahha....personally i am waiting for an Orwellian future, bring on the Thought Police and telescreens, I think I would like to work in the fiction department, I am sure I can revise history on a whim, removing the very existence of words, people and events sounds pretty interesting.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx
After the last administration, I would "scrub" things, too...and gift wrap the seat.

Now if we can just get someone in the White House to creatively edit the words coming out of Bush's mouth on-the-fly -- just scrub that offensive language as it's spoken.

boran

Golden Member
Jun 17, 2001
1984 draws near overthere. it surprises me that such behavior is even tolerated.
it would be a massive scandal overhere if the gouvernment tried that (and there have been some before, where approx a million of ppls came onto the streets protesting (in belgium, only counting 10 mil ppls 1 mil is quite a bit)

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
After the last administration, I would "scrub" things, too...and gift wrap the seat.

SO you agree with what the Bush Admin is doing to the documents? Sure seems extremely shady.....and devious.... and treasonous-to hide the TRUTH from the PUBLIC!

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Your offended sensibilities would recover faster if you pulled your head out of your ass.

Jan 12, 2003
..no more shady than having a 'bouncer' from a bar placing 400+ secret FBI files on Republicans in the basement of the White House...but maybe that's just me.

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: Moonbeam

Your offended sensibilities would recover faster if you pulled your head out of your ass.

..and perhaps "your offended sensibilities" would recover faster if you pulled your head out of myass.

Ferocious

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2000
Originally posted by: boran
1984 draws near overthere. it surprises me that such behavior is even tolerated.
it would be a massive scandal overhere if the gouvernment tried that (and there have been some before, where approx a million of ppls came onto the streets protesting (in belgium, only counting 10 mil ppls 1 mil is quite a bit)

Yeah it's sad. Especially when you add in the younger generation's desire to kiss corporate ass.

InfectedMushroom

Golden Member
Aug 15, 2001
..no more shady than having a 'bouncer' from a bar placing 400+ secret FBI files on Republicans in the basement of the White House...but maybe that's just me.

John is not able to get past his partisanship and see wrong were there is wrong. That seems quite retarded.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
The federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and USAID have removed or revised fact sheets on condoms, excising information about their effectiveness in disease prevention, and promoting abstinence instead. The National Cancer Institute, meanwhile, scrapped claims on its Web site that there was no association between abortion and breast cancer. And the Justice Department recently redacted criticism of the department in a consultant's report that had been posted on its Web site.

Sad . . . so sad.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: InfectedMushroom

John is not able to get past his partisanship and see wrong were there is wrong. That seems quite retarded.

Yeah, the old two wrongs make a right excuse is downright pathetic.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001

Well some people are like that, they wear a team jersey and root while their team commits fouls and boo while the other team does the same thing. Actually not always rooting, but instead when critcized they say, 'well, team X did something bad so we should too'.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

..and perhaps "your offended sensibilities" would recover faster if you pulled your head out of myass.
Good heavens, I thought I was Carlsbad Caverns and the smell was bat guano. This must be associated with one tremendous ass. You could earn a living charging spelunkers.

InfectedMushroom

Golden Member
Aug 15, 2001
What is "wrong?" You are right; I do not see it in the aforementioned article.

So a little bit of "creative editing" is not bad in your book (no matter who the freaking political party doing it is)?

Ldir

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2003

So a little bit of "creative editing" is not bad in your book (no matter who the freaking political party doing it is)?

There is nothing Pope Dubya could do to displease him. He is infallible.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003

A republican with a donkey? Are you sure.. ? Well maybe it is an attempt to 'dress' in a more formidable costume.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002

Says a lot about you John.