White House Predicts Bigger Tax Refunds

galperi1

Oct 18, 2001
good... in 2 days the White House will distance themselves saying they "think there will be bigger tax cuts" and Bush will say he is not a predictor yet again.

Yawn... this is like an everyday event now.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
As a single renter with no children making $70K-ish, what exactly do I have to look forward to?

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: SuperTool
As a single renter with no children making $70K-ish, what exactly do I have to look forward to?

You got a 3% rate cute, higher 401k allowances, and a bigger standard deduction.

Stop renting:)

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
Oooh I guess they've found out that since the US' debt is beyond recovery then it can't get any worse.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: charrison

You got a 3% rate cute, higher 401k allowances, and a bigger standard deduction.

I am not buying a house in the bay area.

Chris A

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: charrison

I am not buying a house in the bay area.

I feel your pain... It feels good knowing that every cent you make has to be hidden or taxed at a high amount.. I am in the same boat. 3% raise means I have to invest it or pay it in taxes.. No chance to keep the extra and kill a few bills....

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

If you wish to stay in the bay area, start a small business making children ;)

The cost of a winnebago should be cheaper than renting.

/edit This post has no redeeming value

However, the tax bill should have gotten slightly lower.
The best that you can do given your present social situation is to use every option to increase your tax deductible savings.

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003

Isnt that your Personal Choice?

Own up to it and stop bitching, either Take advantage of the Tax oppertunities offered to You ( Purchase a house, donate more, Ira's, kids) or STFU

Zephyr106

Banned
Jul 2, 2003
Originally posted by: smashp

Own up to it and stop bitching, either Take advantage of the Tax oppertunities offered to You ( Purchase a house, donate more, Ira's, kids) or STFU

Yeah, and if you don't like America, get the fvck out.

Zephyr

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: smashp

I max out my 401k. :D I am just saying there isn't much changed for me under Bush's so called taxcuts.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

I max out my 401k. :D I am just saying there isn't much changed for me under Bush's so called taxcuts.

Just like the Clint Eastwood movie
Few $$$ more

Enjoy your social life though.