White House official says transcript of Ukraine call omitted key phrases: report

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
Who would of thunk? At this point I think is fair to assume every negative inference about this administration.

A White House official who testified in front of the House on Tuesday as part of its impeachment investigation reportedly said the White House’s rough transcript of a July phone call between President Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky left out key words and phrases.

Three people familiar with the situation told The New York Times that Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman testified to congressional investigators that among the omissions were Trump’s assertions that there were recordings of former Vice President Joe Biden discussing Ukrainian corruption and a reference by Zelensky to Burisma Holdings, the energy company on whose board Biden’s son sat.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
LOL--I just posted this too! Kinda hilarious how Trump this morning tweeted away about Vindman being a "Never Trumper" and "wasn't on the same call as me...read the transcript!"

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
LOL--I just posted this too! Kinda hilarious how Trump this morning tweeted away about Vindman being a "Never Trumper" and "wasn't on the same call as me...read the transcript!"
I know. And the defense from all defenders has been, "read the transcript". Seems the transcript was doctored.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Holy Shit. ...that's like, the exploding steam furnace that killed an entire factory of child laborers that were orphaned by the Holocaust? ...

(sorry, trying to think of something bigger than "smoking gun").

lol, I'll let myself out...

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
If there is evidence that he tried to change the script at the time and that part of Trump's request was based on telling Zelensky about evidence that didn't exist (recordings of Biden), then... Well honestly it doesn't even matter at this point.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Color me shocked Trump lied about the lie. Trumptards will continue to stamp their feet. Have they started blaming the media yet? That will be coming.

Turns out this is the quiddiest of all pro quos

Not like this White House hasn't doctored official records before. Anyone remember Helsinki???

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
still no "lordy, there are tapes!" comments yet?

...damn, and you know there are. haha.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Dems had better subpoena every Ukraine related document in that super secret server.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Really says something about this presidency that they edited down the memo to remove the most damming stuff but left enough in to basically guarantee impeachment and cause everybody to pry under the hood so that even this lie would, of course, be discovered.

Just top notch work over there.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Really says something about this presidency that they edited down the memo to remove the most damming stuff but left enough in to basically guarantee impeachment and cause everybody to pry under the hood so that even this lie would, of course, be discovered.

Just top notch work over there.

"Forget the myths the media created about the White House. The truth is, these aren't very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
It's tool late to use the overblown, I'm shocked. Knew it from the moment that they started calling them summaries, plus the ellipses. Folks, Trump always lies. Get over it.

cirrrocco

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2004
Amazing how many people protect this president. Must be all the amazing money and the intern poontang in DC

Should have kept working for the DLA when I got the opportunity to work in DC.