White House considering alt-spy network for alt-facts to counteract "deep state" actual facts

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Oh look. Trump is creating a snipe hunt to hunt the imagined conspiracy behind why facts don't fit alt-right propaganda. This is called manufacturing a scapegoat. It's why the conspiracy nuts started blaming the "deep state" for everything when established facts would not fit their conspiracies.

So now they'll have an alternative spy group to supply them with alternative facts and avoid all those pesky reality based facts.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...sidering-private-spy-network-report/23297468/

cfenton

Jul 27, 2015
I particularly thought this paragraph was on point.

Prince’s Blackwater previously provided privately contracted soldiers to the U.S., though scandal over operations that included civilian deaths in Iraq has led him to rebrand the venture and begin working with powers such as China and the United Arab Emirates

So the plan is to work with a company with human rights violations. What could go wrong?

Hopefully this is just nonsense planning that will never come into practice.

Reactions: darkswordsman17

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Why bother? If Trump and his boot lickers just make up crap on the spur of the moment to cover their current screwings, there isn't any need for this. Just keep lying and save the cash.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Well that's the most disturbing rumour I've heard in months. But I assume there must be a law against private spy agencies operating in the US?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Well that's the most disturbing rumour I've heard in months. But I assume there must be a law against private spy agencies operating in the US?
There might be a law against the government setting one up but otherwise, nope.

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
Laws are for chump countries like Germany. Here in America we have the freedumb to do whatever we want as long as we stay white and rich.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
The Office of Tremendous Special Winning Projects

Same anti-fact agenda as the Cheney Days, but this time with 43% more fascism!

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Oh look. Trump is creating a snipe hunt to hunt the imagined conspiracy behind why facts don't fit alt-right propaganda. This is called manufacturing a scapegoat. It's why the conspiracy nuts started blaming the "deep state" for everything when established facts would not fit their conspiracies.

So now they'll have an alternative spy group to supply them with alternative facts and avoid all those pesky reality based facts.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...sidering-private-spy-network-report/23297468/

you use aol?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I'm all for the Deep State. It acts as a check on the ambitions of wannabee tyrants.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
Laws are for chump countries like Germany. Here in America we have the freedumb to do whatever we want as long as we stay white and rich.
This made me laugh. Also, I'm screwed! I'm definitely not white enough even though I'm often called pasty.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Right. Trump gets his own Goonstapo. Nothing horrifying about that. AT ALL.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
you use aol?

Does AOL the program still exist? I still have an AOL address I use for shopping and spam though. :)

No, this was in my news feed as a source among many. Just picked the first random link.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Do not question the authorities.

Besides, if you don't have anything to hide, why are you worried about a private spy network run by Donald Trump to persecute his enemies?

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
Do not question the authorities.

Besides, if you don't have anything to hide, why are you worried about a private spy network run by Donald Trump to persecute his enemies?
Well, I'd be considered an enemy because I absolutely despise him.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I'm disinclined to believe much of it. OTOH, I didn't believe Trump would be Prez, either, so we're already through the looking glass.

Mar 11, 2004
With Net Neutrality gone, AOL might make a comeback....

Verizon owns AOL now. And Yahoo. Both are under their brand "Oath" because corporations apparently are trying to be ironic.

I'm all for the Deep State. It acts as a check on the ambitions of wannabee tyrants.

Yeah, its actually sounding more and more like a good idea.

Except that it only exists in the mind of Steve Bannon. I doubt Trump believes this nonsense.

I can't disagree more. There's plenty of other people that believe in it. And I fully think Turmp believes in it, because he trusts the people that have been spouting that nonsense. And of course he's too stupid to notice that he's essentially trying to create it in actuality. But in his mind its justified in order to combat the make believe one.

I don't know why more average people believe in it, or rather believe that these ultra-rich conservatives aren't it. They perfectly fit the description.

I'm disinclined to believe much of it. OTOH, I didn't believe Trump would be Prez, either, so we're already through the looking glass.

Disinclined to believe what? The conservative bullshit "Deep State", or that Turmp is trying to setup this shadow spy network?