White House Closed for public Tours. Open for private tax payer paid parties

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Your an idiot. Your the same moron who says it wrong to stereotype all Muslims based on a few (It is wrong) but its alright to do it to Conservatives/Libertarians?

Love the hypocrisy.

Oh, really? I'm the idiot? You're not even making it difficult to prove my point.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
SpatiallyAware: I honestly don't care if people think positively about me or not.

M: You may not think you do and I doubt even that. You are a conservative and conservatives are all about the team. Conservatism is a conformist mentality, a group righteousness thingi. It depends on the notion that you are only worth something if you think like you're told.

SA: I merely state the facts with no emotion or bias, which tends to send the heavily biased people into a psychotic frenzy.

M: Not really. You are disconnected from your emotion and don't know what you feel and mistake that for objectivity. It's your blind obtuseness to your own condition that sends folk less bent into a pretzel than you into distraction or fits of laughter. You are a walking advertisement for conservative denial of reality based on the unwillingness to feel the pain that bent you into one. You are a posting self parody. Folk don't want to make you feel bad, or folk like me don't. You already feel bad and just don't know it. But the only road out of your prison is to feel what you really do feel. And I know exactly what you will say to that. It's why nothing can help you. Only the total recognition of the desperation of your real situation
will end your self imposed misery.

I can see what I see and say what I say because I had to do that. The water is fine and I wish you the best. It's so damn sad. Oh and this is my version of psychotic frenzy.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Oh, really? I'm the idiot? You're not even making it difficult to prove my point.

But think of the courage it would take for you to do that. Imagine leaping into the forum day after day screaming at the top of your lungs, "I'm a total fool." I think he deserves some credit for bravery.

Sep 7, 2009
Moonbeam

What makes you think I'm conservative? FYI, I am critical of both "sides" equally.

And, I never said that I personally don't have emotion towards the topic. I said that my statements on this forum are without emotion or bias, and that is what makes people upset.

But, thanks for your speech. It is appreciated.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
I honestly don't care if people think positively about me or not.

I merely state the facts with no emotion or bias, which tends to send the heavily biased people into a psychotic frenzy.

You seem to have a different definition of the word 'fact' from the rest of us.

Yup, I'm sure that was a real difficult decision....... Keep white house tours, or host luxury invite-only white house party with justin timberlake and other pop/rap superstars.

I bet he thought that one over for awhile.

Considering two entirely different entities control the funding to the two bolded activities, there would be no decision between the two.

Sep 7, 2009
You seem to have a different definition of the word 'fact' from the rest of us.

Considering two entirely different entities control the funding to the two bolded activities, there would be no decision between the two.

I do not care about the 'direct' source of the money. The bottom line is that it's indirectly coming out of the taxpayer's pockets. You can play word games all you want, but this is a taxpayer funded event.

And of course no one sat down with our Dear Leader and said ok we need to pick between the two...... Again....... Take 10 steps back and look at the larger issue here.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
But think of the courage it would take for you to do that. Imagine leaping into the forum day after day screaming at the top of your lungs, "I'm a total fool." I think he deserves some credit for bravery.

There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity and Incorruptible is usually well on the other side of that line.

marincounty

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005
Moonbeam

What makes you think I'm conservative? FYI, I am critical of both "sides" equally.

And, I never said that I personally don't have emotion towards the topic. I said that my statements on this forum are without emotion or bias, and that is what makes people upset.

You are without bias? Is that why you refer to our democratically elected President as Dear Leader?
Everyone has bias, even me.

Paul98

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2010
Absolutely false...... The issue is not cancelling the tours. It's cancelling the tours while still putting on private invite-only concerts at the white house with pop/rap superstars purely in an effort to bolster our Dear Leader's personal and business relationships. Even worse, they throw up a couple of PBS cameras and funnel the costs directly down to the taxpayer.

I have no problem paying for white house tours.. They benefit the people.

I do have a problem paying for a private hip hop concert for our Dear Leader and his friends.

Bull.. the only reason you are angry is that you think you are supposed to be. If they had canceled this and kept tours you would would be angry that something that can be viewed by millions and free easy access was canceled. While the tours are only used by those who are in that area at some point. Along with the cost too keep them available year round vs the concert. You wouldn't hear anything about it being a private party, but instead a public event.

I find it funny that people delude themselves into thinking why they are mad while they just repeat talking points.

I would love to be proven wrong by people, but it happens on every issue.

I can see being against this being against spending this money on this concert. The problem is the complaints that relate to the public tours.

But then again this is just more distraction from the real problems and solutions. People get hung up on these small potato things while missing the real problems.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
It IS "it is unpardonable that he kept this party/concert while ending White House tours."

And people keep saying that because they are presuming that the funds for the two come from the same source, when they do not. The White House tours were cut because of cuts to the White House secret service staff. This is a PBS program and is not funded by the White House secret service.

And you know as well as I do that this event is deliberately being mischaracterized with phrases such as "private hip hop concert for our Dear Leader and his friends". That's propagandizing.

sixone

Lifer
May 3, 2004
And people keep saying that because they are presuming that the funds for the two come from the same source, when they do not. The White House tours were cut because of cuts to the White House secret service staff. This is a PBS program and is not funded by the White House secret service.

So are you saying that the Secret Service did NOT provide any security for this event? If so, please back it up with some evidence.

sixone

Lifer
May 3, 2004

So do you, dear. :)

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Moonbeam

It fell on deaf ears as expected and your rebuttal has nothing to do with anything so I'm left to ask what it was you appreciated, like a new meaning of the word 'appreciate"?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Ok wait.... So a taxpayer funded government entity is paying for the party, yet the party isn't funded by taxpayers?

what percentage of funding matters to you? Local PBS stations revenue and funding vary from as low as 15% to as high as 50% of funding dependent on "federal money."

This is a station-by-station number, and much of that isn't federal dollars, it's state and county. how can you call an entity taxpayer funded when that only accounts for a rather small percentage of their actual dependance?

:hmm:

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
So anyone who looks at our Dear Leader with a critical eye must be conservative?

Please provide me with an example from the media of anyone other than a right-winger constantly using a derogatory name to refer to the president.

You make yourself look ridiculous every time you use it. Don't go around comparing the president to a despot and then whine when people draw the obvious conclusions.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
So anyone who looks at our Dear Leader with a critical eye must be conservative? That is a very, very narrow-minded way to look at this.

Do you honestly think that Obama is a Marxist?

such thoughts are far from "simply being critical."

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
I do not care about the 'direct' source of the money. The bottom line is that it's indirectly coming out of the taxpayer's pockets. You can play word games all you want, but this is a taxpayer funded event.

And of course no one sat down with our Dear Leader and said ok we need to pick between the two...... Again....... Take 10 steps back and look at the larger issue here.

Who gives a fuck if you don't care? You obviously don't understand how money is appropriated within the federal government. Here's the definition of the word if you don't understand: Appropriate - to devote (money or assets) to a specific purpose. Guess who's fucking job it is to appropriate funds? I'll give you a hint - his initials aren't B.O.

The right answer? CONGRESS! If you want someone to bitch about, bitch about them. While you're at it, brush up on the power of congress, since you obviously don't know what in the hell you're talking about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powers_of_the_United_States_Congress

You can't ignore reality, even if you don't care.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2009
Typical welfare society argument....

The money is there, it's "free", why not take it? Just spend it all, hell, someone else makes the budget so it must be their fault.

What a terrible excuse.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Typical welfare society argument....

The money is there, it's "free", why not take it? Just spend it all, hell, someone else makes the budget so it must be their fault.

That's not the argument.

The argument is that the sequester requires across the board cuts from all departments, and PBS and the White House secret service are not in the same department.

People have been telling you this for, oh, 220 or so posts now. You either refuse to get it, or you're incapable.

sixone

Lifer
May 3, 2004
That's not the argument.

The argument is that the sequester requires across the board cuts from all departments, and PBS and the White House secret service are not in the same department.

People have been telling you this for, oh, 220 or so posts now. You either refuse to get it, or you're incapable.

Are you capable of answering my question?

Did the Secret Service provide security for the event, or not?