White House Closed for public Tours. Open for private tax payer paid parties

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Let's recap...

Yes, let's recap:

1. Republicans hold the debt ceiling hostage over spending they authorized, to force across-the-board budget cuts.

2. We get across-the-board budget cuts.

3. The White House makes cuts, and the same Republicans who wanted cuts whine because they claim they don't like the cuts the WH made, even though the cuts are not to anything essential, and they would have whined regardless of what cuts were made.

4. A right-winger who's unable to read and comprehend English digs up a propaganda piece about an event that's part of a PBS concert series that's been going on for 35 years, and starts a thread mischaracterizing it as a "private party". Even stupider right-wingers spend post after post whining that the White House shouldn't be paying for something that they aren't paying for, while simultaneously illustrating that they don't know how PBS works.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2009
Yes, let's recap:

1. Republicans hold the debt ceiling hostage over spending they authorized, to force across-the-board budget cuts.

2. We get across-the-board budget cuts.

3. The White House makes cuts, and the same Republicans who wanted cuts whine because they claim they don't like the cuts the WH made, even though the cuts are not to anything essential, and they would have whined regardless of what cuts were made.

4. A right-winger who's unable to read and comprehend English digs up a story about an event that's part of a PBS concert series that's been going on for 35 years, and starts a thread mischaracterizing it as a "private party". Even stupider right-wingers spend post after post whining that the White House shouldn't be paying for something that they aren't paying for, while simultaneously illustrating that they don't know how PBS works.

Yup.. We NEED the cuts. Government spending is absolutely out of control across the board and these are all perfect examples. You use them as counter arguments, but it's the crux of the problem.

The 'topic' we are discussing is obama using the white house for his personal benefit on the taxpayer dime.

And it is a private party. I don't see how you can call it anything else. Throwing a couple cameras in the corner and funneling the costs to the taxpayers through PBS doesn't automatically make it a public event....

Again.... How about I have my birthday party at the white house? Invite lil wayne, T.I., call it the gangsta party of the south..... Hell I'll just expense it through PBS, pass that shit onto the taxpayers.

3rodh6.jpg

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The guy who has been foaming across multiple threads for pages at a time wants to know if anyone's mad.

lol.

Sep 7, 2009
The guy who has been foaming across multiple threads for pages at a time wants to know if anyone's mad.

lol.

Me, foaming at the mouth? I don't think so... More like laughing at you easily manipulated liberals that voted this guy into office who is now making you all out to be idiots.

If anything, you all should be the ones upset at him dragging the democratic party through the mud. You're the ones who are now looking like total morons, as everything the conservative extremists cried about is now happening.

Apr 27, 2012
Yup.. We NEED the cuts. Government spending is absolutely out of control across the board and these are all perfect examples. You use them as counter arguments, but it's the crux of the problem.

The 'topic' we are discussing is obama using the white house for his personal benefit on the taxpayer dime.

And it is a private party. I don't see how you can call it anything else. Throwing a couple cameras in the corner and funneling the costs to the taxpayers through PBS doesn't automatically make it a public event....

Again.... How about I have my birthday party at the white house? Invite lil wayne, T.I., call it the gangsta party of the south..... Hell I'll just expense it through PBS, pass that shit onto the taxpayers.

3rodh6.jpg

Agree, The obama defenders will defend him no matter what. They are truly pathetic individuals. Some of them even defend him killing innocent children in Pakistan with drones.

Sep 7, 2009
Agree, The obama defenders will defend him no matter what. They are truly pathetic individuals. Some of them even defend him killing innocent children in Pakistan with drones.

Well yes, by their logic those evil republicans killed people so that automatically and blindly makes it ok for our Dear Leader to kill people.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Yup.. We NEED the cuts.

Great! Glad you are happy about us no longer having White House tours and other "unnecessary" and "wasteful" government spending.

Which isn't happening, since, for the tenth time, this is a show put on by PBS for all Americans to watch, which is not funded by the White House budget.

Glad we got that settled as well.

Again.... How about I have my birthday party at the white house?

Is there a 35-year-running public concert series oriented around your birthday?

What a maroon.

Sep 7, 2009
Great! Glad you are happy about us no longer having White House tours and other "unnecessary" and "wasteful" government spending.

<snip>

And for the tenth time, at least, my issue is not simply that the white house tours are gone.

It is specifically that they are gone AND our Dear Leader is then having pop/rap superstar house parties on the taxpayer dime.

At this point it's obvious that you're intentionally being obtuse, or perhaps you truly are incapable of mentally wrapping your mind around both topics at one time.

It's not the shutting down white house tours that we are upset about... It's shutting them down due to lack of money, then turning around and having a personal house party paid for by the taxpayers.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Me, foaming at the mouth? I don't think so... More like laughing at you easily manipulated liberals that voted this guy into office who is now making you all out to be idiots.

If anything, you all should be the ones upset at him dragging the democratic party through the mud. You're the ones who are now looking like total morons, as everything the conservative extremists cried about is now happening.

Its so true. I remember when my crazy conservative uncle warned me that PBS would have a concert at the White House while tours were canceled. I told him that Americans would never tolerate that post-apocalyptic hellscape but here we are.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Some funny comments from Ken Ehrlich, the executive producer of the show --

As he was warming up the audience before the show started, he said so many of the night's songs would feature hits by Otis Redding that he has dubbed the event "Otis for POTUS."

He then led the audience in practicing their synchronized clapping to a recorded version of "Respect." Afterward, Ehrlich said he was "particularly proud of all the white people. I think we really proved something ... and we're going to keep proving it all night."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/notes-memphis-night-white-house_716186.html

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
You are portraying this as if Obama woke up one morning and said "Hey! You know what would be fun? Let's have a big private party and invite all of my friends! We can spend millions of taxpayer dollars on this -- maybe the same dollars I saved by cutting the White House tours!"

The reality is that this is roughly the 50th in a PBS concert series that goes back to 1978, which is publicly broadcast for all to enjoy, not a "private party", and not paid for out of the same budget that the White House tours come from.

Your continued misrepresentation has only two possible explanations: you're a dishonest propagandist, or a complete moron. I'll let you choose.

Sep 7, 2009
You are portraying this as if Obama woke up one morning and said "Hey! You know what would be fun? Let's have a big private party and invite all of my friends! We can spend millions of taxpayer dollars on this -- maybe the same dollars I saved by cutting the White House tours!"

<snip>

Actually I think your scenario is fairly close to what happened minus your emotional embellishments.

The buck stops with him. Just because they've had parties in the past, during better economic times, does not in any way justify our Dear Leader abusing the system for his own personal and business gain.

Sep 7, 2009
I still think he's both.

I'm pretty sure you're in love with me, you follow me around on the forums like a little puppy crying for attention.

I think you should make a post in L&R and get some advice on how to deal with your issues with me, as I'm just not that interested in you...

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
I'm pretty sure you're in love with me, you follow me around on the forums like a little puppy crying for attention.

I think you should make a post in L&R and get some advice on how to deal with your issues with me, as I'm just not that interested in you...

Not really. You just happen to post delusional shit in quite a few threads in this forum. I'd ignore you, but it's humorous.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Actually I think your scenario is fairly close to what happened minus your emotional embellishments.

And if you had any evidence to back up this opinion, it might actually be worth something.

PS Every time you use the phrase "Dear Leader" to refer to Obama, God kills a kitten. Thought you'd want to know.

Sep 7, 2009
Same shit, different poster.

Basically you berate and sling personal insults to anyone who happens to have different viewpoints from yours.

It's ok though, that's a common tactic of the weak-minded. You are unable to have an actual debate, so you just drop into a thread with these petty insults which add nothing.

At least you make it blatantly obvious.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Basically you berate and sling personal insults to anyone who happens to have different viewpoints from yours.

It's ok though, that's a common tactic of the weak-minded. You are unable to have an actual debate, so you just drop into a thread with these petty insults which add nothing.

At least you make it blatantly obvious.

I like how the guy who slings insults at Obama all day says that insulting people is a common tactic of the weak minded.

lol.