White House Closed for public Tours. Open for private tax payer paid parties

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sixone

Lifer
May 3, 2004
While it is amusing to see somebody CK CK with his own methodology I don't think your questions will lead anywhere. You are focused only on the logic of his reply as it can be picked apart and not the overarching thrust of his position, which is, that this whining as he puts it is a conservative phenomenon we are not sleepwalking in a constant state of disgust that makes us puke every time we hear the word Obama, that in shout, conservatives are using their brains for lunch meat.

CK's point, and an accurate one if I may add my opinion, is that the right has fundamentally gone crackers. So if you find something about this post that you see in violation of some fundamental logic, let me assure you I don't give a flying fuck either. My point that a logical argument on this is not possible with a person whose logic is driven by a need to get to a predetermined position.

I'm quite sure they won't. But he didn't stick to the overarching thrust of his position. He made a specific claim that the WH isn't paying for this party, and I asked for facts to back up that claim. None have yet been forthcoming.

You're free to concern yourself with who's gone crackers, if that's what floats your boat. I'm concerned with the debts incurred by our government, which are putting our economy at risk. While one WH party is pretty small potatoes, it doesn't speak well of a President who was just a few short weeks ago warning of first responders being laid off, long TSA lines, and various other calamities resulting from the sequester.

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
To attend any event at the White House, one must be invited.
Bastard. My taxes pay his salary, I should be able to use his bathroom anytime I want.

He should be given 2,000 calories and a half gallon of water per day. Of course that isn't good enough for King Hitlerbama.

Sep 7, 2009
Oh, I'm terribly sorry for pointing out the CAUSE of the things you are whining about, when that cause happens to be YOUR party.

Oh wait, I'm not. You guys caused this mess, and if it makes you look bad, you deserve it.

By the way, if PBS is so awful, why didn't the GOP defund it when they had control of everything for six years last decade?

Right.

Are you serious? First of all, it's not 'my party', but I do understand the common liberal extremist "you're either with us or against us" mentality.

And let me get this straight, you are justifying our Dear Leader's MASSIVE amount of spending purely for his personal betterment based on this being the other side's fault?? That makes it ok in your mind? Wow.

We are in this together. It really doesn't matter who "started" the problems, it does not (or should not) justify obama's unfettered spending to help bolster his personal needs and personal business connections.

That is not what ANY leader should be doing, no matter what happened in the past.

Sep 7, 2009
And what does cutting PBS funding have to do with this? What purpose does this have in this discussion in relation to our Dear Leader's house party?

It really doesn't matter if PBS funded it, it was either directly or indirectly funded by taxpayers.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Where did I say that?

GOP had control of the whole kit and kaboodle for six years. So why didn't they?

I dont give a flying fuck, its a program that is a total waste of money. Bastards like you are exactly whsts wrong with this countyr, you put your stupid ass political party before the needs of the country and c come up with any reason you can think of to defend your dear leader.

sixone

Lifer
May 3, 2004
Where did I say that?

"Private tax payer paid parties?"

This is a TV series put on by PBS. A lot more people will watch this than will ever tour the White House.

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot that facts aren't really allowed in P&N. Please carry on with your irrational ranting.

This is not a "private party" -- the OP is lying. And yes, I'd rather prioritize events that will be viewed by millions than thousands.

Facts only, please.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
It is hugely ironic to here the GOP/righties lambast someone else for putting political party ahead of the needs of the country. Where have you been for the last decade plus, especially the past four+ years. Are countless filibusters blocking routine appointments and thirty plus show votes to repeal Obamacare (when your party claimed their motivation was jobs, jobs, jobs) just to be ignored? Not to mention the very subject at hand, the sequester-a blunderbuss across the board cut when closing any tax loophole whatsoever will not even be considered or allowed to come to a vote.

Take the party blinders off and take a look at reality.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I dont give a flying fuck, its a program that is a total waste of money. Bastards like you are exactly whsts wrong with this countyr, you put your stupid ass political party before the needs of the country and c come up with any reason you can think of to defend your dear leader.

Hehehehehehe I envy people like you. You are absolutely right without ever having to come up with anything at all.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I'm quite sure they won't. But he didn't stick to the overarching thrust of his position. He made a specific claim that the WH isn't paying for this party, and I asked for facts to back up that claim. None have yet been forthcoming.

You're free to concern yourself with who's gone crackers, if that's what floats your boat. I'm concerned with the debts incurred by our government, which are putting our economy at risk. While one WH party is pretty small potatoes, it doesn't speak well of a President who was just a few short weeks ago warning of first responders being laid off, long TSA lines, and various other calamities resulting from the sequester.

Small potatoes? Thank you, I think that will do.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012

LOL. I ask why the Republicans didn't get rid of PBS, and you respond frothing at the mouth about the Democrats.. which aren't my party anyway, sport.

Typical, sub-room-temperature-IQ drooling.

sixone

Lifer
May 3, 2004
Excellent.

You said that I "made a specific claim that the WH isn't paying for this party".

So please factually provide a quote to back that up. The quotes you provided say nothing of the sort.

You implied that calling it a "private tax payer paid party" wasn't factual, on the basis that it's going to be shown on PBS, for millions of people to appreciate. And you got some people to take that bait, didn't you?

Just more moving of the goalposts, which is what you do when you're caught.

Sep 7, 2009
"Private tax payer paid parties?"

This is a TV series put on by PBS. A lot more people will watch this than will ever tour the White House.

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot that facts aren't really allowed in P&N. Please carry on with your irrational ranting.

CK please address six's question or admit it was a total BS emotional comment you completely fabricated, it's a very valid request.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
You implied that calling it a "private tax payer paid party" wasn't factual, on the basis that it's going to be shown on PBS, for millions of people to appreciate. And you got some people to take that bait, didn't you?

Just more moving of the goalposts, which is what you do when you're caught.

Something being broadcast on PBS is not "private". It's a concert series. It's been going on for four years THIRTY-FIVE YEARS.

I'm sure it will cost the White House money to provide security exactly the same way it costs them to provide security for everything else.

You claimed that I "made a specific claim that the WH isn't paying for this party". I did no such thing. Perhaps you need to look up the meaning of the word "specific".

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Oops, I was mistaken. This series hasn't been going on for four years, but for thirty-five years.

Guess which administration has had the most of these events? Saint Ronnie's -- by a wide margin.

You people are buffoons. Transparently partisan, incredibly dense buffoons.

sixone

Lifer
May 3, 2004
Something being broadcast on PBS is not "private". It's a concert series. It's been going on for four years THIRTY-FIVE YEARS.

I'm sure it will cost the White House money to provide security exactly the same way it costs them to provide security for everything else.

You claimed that I "made a specific claim that the WH isn't paying for this party". I did no such thing. Perhaps you need to look up the meaning of the word "specific".

As a matter of fact, it's not a concert series. PBS will be broadcasting only the concert portion of the event.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the question of how the WH can afford these kinds of events for invited guests, while claiming that it can't afford to open it's doors to UNINVITED citizens.

Pantoot

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2002
Oops, I was mistaken. This series hasn't been going on for four years, but for thirty-five years.

Guess which administration has had the most of these events? Saint Ronnie's -- by a wide margin.

Just curious, but how many times over those 35 years was the white house closed for public tours because of budget issues?

Certainly it has happened before?

Sep 7, 2009

Great, so we're back to "Buh-buh-buh-buh but xyz did it too so it's justified!!"

Tell me any other time in history that we have closed the white house to all public access, yet have still had PRIVATE INVITE ONLY taxpayer-funded (whether direct or indirect..) house parties put on by the president ??

In all seriousness you appear to be the most partisan person in this thread by far.