White House blocks CDC director from testifying before House panel on reopening schools

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Hearing was scheduled for next week. Unfucking believable.
Another worthwhile fight to end up in the SCOTUS. Would love to know if it was possible to compute, how much federal money is being spent defending all of the shit that they are being sued or subpoenaed for.

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
Another worthwhile fight to end up in the SCOTUS. Would love to know if it was possible to compute, how much federal money is being spent defending all of the shit that they are being sued or subpoenaed for.

The Trump sycophants don't care how much is spent as long as it isn't spent on poor people or people of color.

Feb 4, 2009
Can’t wait for the next Democrat President.

Benghazi type investigation, just say fuck you nobody is showing up
Any type of testimony needed just say fuck You nobody is showing up

Seriously I can’t wait. Hopefully the next D President does the same.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Most corrupt president in history. And he's so good at corruption I think less than half of America knows it.

SmCaudata

Oct 8, 2006
I dont quite understand how this isn't a first amendment issue. The CDC guy can say whatever he wants to congress as long as its not secret/inside information.

I mean the first amendment is there to protect from the government.

I hope the dude just shows up.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I dont quite understand how this isn't a first amendment issue. The CDC guy can say whatever he wants to congress as long as its not secret/inside information.

I mean the first amendment is there to protect from the government.

I hope the dude just shows up.
tomorrow replaced.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Thats fine. I wasn't a fan of the appointment anyway. Someone just needs to stand up to this dictator wannabe.

Trump's threat against any of them resigning is that he'll name an incompetent partisan toady to replace them. Witness what he's done to other departments.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Most transparent administration in history.

Just not in the way we usually think of governmental transparency.

Agreed. The Trump admin. and McConnell's Senate Repubs are transparently corrupt, transparently practice Reagan's trickle down bullshit economy policies, transparently racist, transparently packing the courts with unqualified conservative activists and among so many more transparently vile things they do, they're especially transparent at the way they're trying to rig elections in their favor.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Good news. The greater the effort that Trump Cult makes to kill more and more Americans the more people are turning away. Fear of the loss of power will guarantee it is lost. It's not that easy to hide the fact that Trump is a swine when he doesn't care how many children he kills. Most people get very serious about threats to their kids.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Good news. The greater the effort that Trump Cult makes to kill more and more Americans the more people are turning away. Fear of the loss of power will guarantee it is lost. It's not that easy to hide the fact that Trump is a swine when he doesn't care how many children he kills. Most people get very serious about threats to their kids.

Spoiled brat Trump supporters having silly temper tantrums over refusing to wear masks in super markets and restaurants doesn't help their cause either. I guess it's much more important to them to make a foolish humiliating stand on the ant hill that Trump built rather than being concerned for their children's as well as other people's children's health and welfare.

Studies will be made how Trump managed to con millions of folks into believing that He was their savior that was going to undo everything Obama and the Dems did for them in the area of health care, jobs and the economy, all of which the GOP spin machine convinced them that anything the Dems did for the nation's working class was a commie plot to take over the nation.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Spoiled brat Trump supporters having silly temper tantrums over refusing to wear masks in super markets and restaurants doesn't help their cause either. I guess it's much more important to them to make a foolish humiliating stand on the ant hill that Trump built rather than being concerned for their children's as well as other people's children's health and welfare.

Studies will be made how Trump managed to con millions of folks into believing that He was their savior that was going to undo everything Obama and the Dems did for them in the area of health care, jobs and the economy, all of which the GOP spin machine convinced them that anything the Dems did for the nation's working class was a commie plot to take over the nation.
I can guarantee that those studies will never lead to a true understanding of how Trump was able to do what he has done and continues to do, because the reason he has and continues to do what he does would require the understanding that the human race is composed of individuals that with rare exceptions hate themselves. They do not know it, do not want to know it and do not know they do not want to know it.

The cause will always be sought out and seen to be out there and never at its source. The effort will always involve a search for blame and a place to project our self contempt. That flailing monkey Trump showed us mocking a spastic neurologically suffering reporter on national TV is who we feel ourselves to be, beautiful children destroyed by mocking, surviving now only behind our intricate and highly polished mile thick wall of armor and the facade of false virtue we pretend to be.

Reactions: tweaker2